Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 RSOD - Red Screen of Death Fix is Now Available

Sponsored Links
    Today PlayStation 3 homebrew developers RobS and An0nym0us have made available a PS3 RSOD (Red Screen of Death) fix for those experiencing the issue on Sony's current-gen entertainment system and gaming console.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links]

Below are further details via PS3 Dev Wiki: RSOD Fix

The RSOD Fix - Observations about RSOD:

Seems to appear mostly on consoles with Samsung NORS (CECHLxx-CECH20xx) May be caused by an error being thrown while writing to NOR (this is theory) Mostly caused by a corrupt area of flash called VTRM

The original RSOD "fix" was actually a CFW patch to bypass the RSOD. basic_plugins.sprx was modified to ignore the error condition to allow the console to boot. While this worked, certain things like trophies still didn't work correctly.

The actual RSOD fix occurs by the VTRM area on flash being rewritten. The ability to do this is already built into the firmware, it just needs to be called.

Steps from GameOS:

1) Install the NORSOD patched PUP so that you can boot.

2) Install the rsodfix.gnpdrm.pkg package, and run it from XMB (REDACTED)

3) Run rsodfix.

4) Reboot and install whatever firmware you want

PS3 RSOD - Red Screen of Death Fix is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Does this PUP work on any firmware version? Also, you've mentioned: 4) Reboot and install whatever firmware you want

Does that also mean we can install any firmware version too? (Within limits, I mean the lowest possible firmware for the system)

Banned User
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Last time I got RSOD I just went to recovery menu and reinstalled CFW so why is this any different?

hopefully this fixes the permanent where re-installing firmware doesn't fix the problem

question, how to install NORSOD patched PUP so that you can boot ?

through recovery mode ?

The posted instructions appear to reference doing this from GameOS (normal boot).
    Last edited by moja; 01-30-2012 at 10:51 AM

I recently purchased a RSOD ps3 from ebay. Fat 80GB Model. I haven't gotten it yet. But he said it happened about October of last year, so im guessing it may have 3.72 or 3.73 on it?

The warranty sticker is still there. Would this possibly help fix that? I'm new to ps3 mods, been doing 360 mods for a while though. I dont even care to mod this, just want it for twisted metal...

Thanks for any info!

Just tried this on 3.7x. I get corrupted data on system update in recovery mode. Poop.

Quote Originally Posted by momipopi View Post
    question, how to install NORSOD patched PUP so that you can boot ?

through recovery mode ?
    yes, you need to install this on recovery mode, since you cant boot to XMB anyway.

then after that you install the PUP, install the pkg fix to fix the trophy error and after quit game error.

Corrupt data on 4.0

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News