Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 RSOD dump repair help?

Sponsored Links
    Ok I uploaded them to rapidshare The first link is before I edited any sectors in the vtrm: [Register or Login to view links]

The next is after I edited 4 sectors: [Register or Login to view links]
    EE4210, EE4550, EC48F0, EC4F00 Were the only things I found but still did not fix the rsod.

Also EE5090 and EE50F0 Seem to be reversed but I dont know if that wrong so I didnt change. Same goes for EC5090 and EC50FO

I pmd Susoft this and hopefully he can help. I see he has been posting lately. He must be tired of fixing other peoples headaches which I understand all to well.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    AWESOME! That is about all I can say! Thank you SOO much for this!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This doesn't seem to be useful to noobs. Maybe you should add a little more detail on how to do this such as; how to actually install the NORSOD.PUP or How to Install the rsodfix.gnpdrm.pkg package, and run it from XMB (REDACTED)!

Would take people about 3hrs just to figure these things out especially if they're noobs such as thyself. Just saying.

Its safe use this method to fix the red screen?

To install the NORSOD patched PUP is using the recovery menu option 6 (update)?

Then install rsodfix.gnpdrm.pkg in menu xmb run the program afther that turn off ps3 and install a cfw using again the recovery menu right?

Best regards

Its safe use this method to fix the red screen?

To install the NORSOD patched PUP is using the recovery menu option 6 (update)?

Then install rsodfix.gnpdrm.pkg in menu xmb run the program afther that turn off ps3 and install a cfw using again the recovery menu right?

Best regards
    Last edited by jerupiga; 09-14-2014 at 08:34 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I used this method to fix my Red Screen of Death and it works.
    But after 3 days the red screen appeared again...

Whats the reason for the red screen appeared again?

I will download them.

thank you so much brother

PS3 RSoD Fix PKG for all Custom Firmware (CFWs) is Now Available

Following up on the previous update, today PlayStation 3 developers sguerrini97 and ripl (aka haxxxen) have made available (via Chipwelt) a PS3 RSoD Fix PKG for all Custom Firmware (CFWs) with details below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror) / [Register or Login to view links] (Mirror #2)

To quote, roughly translated: PS3 homebrew developers sguerrini97 and ripl[a.k.a.haxxxen] have made available a new PS3 RSoD (Red Screen of Death) fix for all CFW.
    • The actual RSoD fix occurs by the VTRM area on flash being rewritten.
    • The ability to do this is already built into the firmware, it just needs to be called.
    • The “RSoD Fix all” PKG is for RSoD Bypass CFW, CEX and DEX 3.55 until CFW 4.65, not with the CFW 9.99 DG PUPs

Steps from XMB:

1) Install the RSoD Bypass patched PUP so that you can boot.

2) Install the rsod fix all.pkg package, and run it from XMB

3) Run rsodfix. (Blackscreen, tripple beep and Reboot PS3 new)

4) when you already old installed trophys to continue to use

Should their first a game with not Trophie installed. It can otherwise happen the Trophielist renewed after RSoD Fix then be all Trophies will deleted!!! Finished... gaming whatever you want

We have all CFWs with RSoD bypass tested and at all CFW the RSoD error has been fixed. Plugged a USB device into the PS3, a log is created:
    • RSoD Error: ffffffff80010505 = cvtrm error Not corrected
    • RSoD Error: 0 = cvtrm is error free

Big thanks to: sguerrini97 for RSoD Fix4.46 and ripl [a.k.a. tpryor & haxxxen] for RSoD Fix all CFW

Special thanks to: dospeidra, an0nymous, nikitis and robs for RSoD Fix 3.55

Finally, from Rudi Rastelli: Here is a better translation:

1) Install a "RSoD Bypass patched CFW" so that you can boot. (Any will do except a 9.99 Downgrader CFW !!!)
    2) Install and run the "rsod_fix_all_cfw.pkg". This will give you a blackscreen, a tripple beep and reboots PS3.
    3) Important: Start a game which don't have any installed trophies on your system immediatly after the fix, else all already installed trophies will be deleted !!!

Finished! The RSoD error is fixed. Trophies and savegames will work again !!!

Now you can re-install your desired CFW. A CFW with RSoD bypass is only needed to run the fix.

We've tried our fix on all known CFWs with RSoD bypass and in all cases RSoD was fixed. If there is a USB device plugged into the PS3, a log is created:
    • RSoD Error: ffffffff80010505 = cvtrm error Not corrected
    • RSoD Error: 0 = cvtrm is error free

Big thanks to: sguerrini97 for RSoD Fix4.46 and ripl [a.k.a. tpryor & haxxxen] for RSoD Fix all CFW
    Special thanks to: dospeidra, an0nymous, nikitis and robs for RSoD Fix 3.55

This is from my own experience with RSoD:
    • Even if the RSoD-fix works in 1st place a RSoD is often caused by a faulty flash chip. Keep in mind that you can't fix a faulty chip permanently with just software.
    • If you have a NOR-PS3 my advise is to make backup of your flash via multiMAN immediatly after the fix and keep it in a safe place.
    • If the RSoD re-occures you need to replace NOR-chip and flash the backup back to the new chip in order to fix the RSoD permanently.

But anyway... thx for the new fix. Good work !!!

PS3 RSoD Fix PKG for all Custom Firmware (CFWs) is Now Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Does this fix limit internet connectivity in any manner?

thanks, works with rebug 4.65?
    Last edited by akela1979; 11-09-2014 at 05:53 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

thx

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News