Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    What can open up from this tool?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by redwings1905 View Post
    What can open up from this tool?
    For example, you can swap X/O buttons on the PS3 Controller using it as follows:
    • Use FTP to download /dev_flash2/etc/xRegistry.sys (create a copy just to be safe)
    • Open with xRegistry.sys Editor
    • Change the value of setting/system/buttonAssign from 00000000 to 0000001 and click save
    • Save the file and upload it to /dev_flash2/etc/xRegistry.sys overwriting the existing file

This will permanently change the button layout, no need to go through this process again unless you want to revert back to the original button layout.

Among other things, likely region-free DVD and Blu-ray but time will tell for sure.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Among other things, likely region-free DVD and Blu-ray but time will tell for sure.
    i'm not quite sure on that. i changed it to something other than my local one and i put it in a cd and it said "this video cannot be played".

i coulda sworn when it's in the wrong region it comes up with a different message.

Had a quick look through dev_flash maybe we need to look into the vsh>resource>explore>xmb folder looks interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    i'm not quite sure on that. i changed it to something other than my local one and i put it in a cd and it said "this video cannot be played".

i coulda sworn when it's in the wrong region it comes up with a different message.
    I have tried to changing every zone value, and you end up with the message "This disc cannot be played. The region code is not correct." I replicated stoker25's xRegister.

I think you will need to edit some more stuff in dev_flash. Or it is stored in the Bluray drive FW...

I have just ordered a new ps3 (EU), i have now a fat US model. When it comes, i will try to boot the EU dev_flash on, US model.
    I am hoping on it will work.

you can change the ps3's region with this editor - maybe that'd help the dvd region?

and i haven't got "region code is not correct" as a message :| weird.

I think that is because you have put 0 in the dvdRegionCode settings.

i didnt just put 0, i had it on 6 and it said cannot play etc nothing about region, ever.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Red 13 View Post
    I have tried to changing every zone value, and you end up with the message "This disc cannot be played. The region code is not correct." I replicated stoker25's xRegister.

I think you will need to edit some more stuff in dev_flash. Or it is stored in the Bluray drive FW...

I have just ordered a new ps3 (EU), i have now a fat US model. When it comes, i will try to boot the EU dev_flash on, US model.
    I am hoping on it will work.
    You guys need to reboot the system for the regions settings to take effect maybe?
    Quote Originally Posted by d3adliner View Post
    v7 still not working for me. It doesn't error and shut down anymore, but it doesn't do anything at all when I load my xRegistry.sys.

How can I edit out my personal info before I send it to the guy?
    I haven't used the program yet, but make sure you have the latest .net 4.0 framework and VC++ 2010's installed... that is generally a common issue when it comes to homemade applications.

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    I haven't used the program yet, but make sure you have the latest .net 4.0 framework and VC++ 2010's installed... that is generally a common issue when it comes to homemade applications.
    Not sure which of the two did it, but it works now. Thanks!

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News