Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    did anyone try to change the dvd regioncode? i can't test it atm because my bro has my ps3, but mine is an ntsc-j version and i hate it that i couldn't play any european dvds on my ps3... would be cool if it works

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    /setting/edy/debug ? 0
    /setting/np/debug ? 0
    /setting/np/navOnly ? 0

looks good.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by j0hnny View Post
    did anyone try to change the dvd regioncode? i can't test it atm because my bro has my ps3, but mine is an ntsc-j version and i hate it that i couldn't play any european dvds on my ps3... would be cool if it works
    Just by simply changing the values in "/setting/bddvd/dvdRegionCode" and "/setting/bddvd/bdRegionCode" from 2 to 1, did not seem to change anything. It still says that the r1 disc is from the wrong region(and it plays the r2 dvd) But changing it to "0" or "12345" made all discs unplayable (tho no region errors)

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Obaka View Post
    Just by simply changing the values in "/setting/bddvd/dvdRegionCode" and "/setting/bddvd/bdRegionCode" from 2 to 1, did not seem to change anything. It still says that the r1 disc is from the wrong region(and it plays the r2 dvd) But changing it to "0" or "12345" made all discs unplayable (tho no region errors)
    thanks for testing, +rep

would've been too easy tho if it'd work like that

These look like the most interesting ones.. But as stated a couple of weeks ago, changing the flag in the registry does not necessarily activate anything, as the code may not be in the actual firmware to handle it.
    Code:
    /setting/np/env Environment np, prod-qa, sp-int, mgmt, (add more) 
    /setting/system/coreDump   ?  0  
    /setting/system/debugGameType ? 0 
    /setting/system/debugBootPath ? 0 
    /setting/system/debugDirName ? 
    /setting/system/appHomeBootPath   ?  0  
    /setting/xmb/dummyInGameXMB   ?  0  
    /setting/system/debugSystemUpdate   ?  0  
    /setting/np/debugConsoleBind   ?  1  
    /setting/xmb/homeQAMode   ?  0 
    /setting/np/debug   ?  0  
    /setting/np/navOnly   ?  0

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Obaka View Post
    I am sure you tried, but maybe try 4... or 3... Some registries I have messed with in the past have gone up by 2's... Don't ask why.

I think I might try dipping into this registry tonight... wish I had time like the old days though to spends hours in it...

Quote Originally Posted by Bowhuntr11 View Post
    I am sure you tried, but maybe try 4... or 3... Some registries I have messed with in the past have gone up by 2's... Don't ask why.

I think I might try dipping into this registry tonight... wish I had time like the old days though to spends hours in it...
    The combinations i've tried: 0,1,2 (default),4,5,12345. But it's getting late so im of to bed, but i hope someone else tinkers around with it a little bit more

Wink yay

yay so the registry can be hacked, it would be good to tear open the firmware and see what kinda coding i can mess with or even append commands

v7 still not working for me. It doesn't error and shut down anymore, but it doesn't do anything at all when I load my xRegistry.sys.

How can I edit out my personal info before I send it to the guy?

Neat little easter egg: if you change the webbrowser to "Debug mode" (or "1"="yes")

Reboot your ps3, select web browser on XMB, and hit Triangle. You will see 2 options.
    1 to change the web browser kit, and one to change the user agent.

Enjoy

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News