Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Reference TOOL Kit Arrives for the PS3 News Dev Team!

Sponsored Links
    Well, I hinted at it last week, that we were getting something BIG, and yeah- we did!

It retails for $10,250.00, weighs in around 45lbs, is around 19" wide and 24" deep. If you have not guessed it yet, it's a PS3 TOOL, also known as a PS3 Reference Kit, also known as the DECR-1000A.

This unit is the big brother to the new DECR-1400A, and has many more features than the newer, neutered counterpart. Most of them are outlined in my recently updated thread, but the jist of it is that it has dual 400GB hard disks, dual HDMI outputs, 4x LAN connectors, analog audio output, VGA output - just to name a few.

Compared to a PS3 Debug/TEST unit, the PS3 TOOL can do MUCH more, including diagnosing exactly what is happening when perceived "exploit" code is run to [Register or Login to view links] the PS3. However, the biggest feature is having the ability to capture output from the PS3 Hypervisor (LV1) and the PS3 Kernel (LV2)!

More will be posted in future updates on what our PS3 Dev Team can do with it, as this literally just arrived and was unpacked/set-up a few hours ago.

Needless to say, its massive, and has so many features it will take our DEVS quite awhile to get through. We need to start testing on a low firmware (around .85) and work our way up to 3.00, looking for exploits among other interesting things.

This is truly as good as it gets when it comes to Sony PS3 hardware though- lots more to come... until then, check out the nice picture below!

PS3 Reference TOOL Kit Arrives for the PS3 News Dev Team!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    CJPC, I would like to congratulate you for this great acquisition for the ps3news devs and for the community. We all know how expensive one of these monsters are so, on behalf of everyone here, I would like to say a big and fat thank you

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Truly fantastic news for all of the resident PS3 Devs... I know last year one guy had access to a TOOL for work, but was basically restricted on what could be done on it plus the whole NDA stuff doesn't help when it's part of your job.

It's so comforting to know we now have a permanent one unrestricted for the team to gently "manhandle" as they see fit.
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    the PS3 TOOL can do MUCH more, including diagnosing exactly what is happening when perceived "exploit" code is run to [Register or Login to view links] the PS3. However, the biggest feature is having the ability to capture output from the PS3 Hypervisor (LV1) and the PS3 Kernel (LV2)!
    Also, this is going to come in handy as all too often lamers run around screaming "OMFG, PS3 crash/hang = exploit!!!" when in reality they have no clue what's going on with the PS3's state during those situations... in most cases the answer being nothing.

Finally, here is to hoping the PS3 Devs do make some great progress exploring and dumping areas that were previously inaccessable, and can analyze the data or even pass some along to guys like geohot for further examination.

This is going to be an immense help and it will be nice to be unrestricted on what can be done!

This is awesome news and will forsure be aid for devs and congrats on getting one.. me drooling..

This is awesome! Congrats to you guys on getting this big TOOL (no pun intended)!

Let's get hacking!

Quote Originally Posted by urbanracer34 View Post
    This is awesome! Congrats to you guys on getting this big TOOL (no pun intended)!

Let's get hacking!
    I like the idea of lets get hacking!

This is awesome news.. I want to wish the PS3 News Dev team good luck in the future !..

Hope we can get as much as we can out of this

Thumbs Up

sweet! wish i had one of those!

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News