Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Congrats! I'm sure you'll enjoy all the wicked awesomeness that comes from this TOOL. Thanks for sharing the news, its great to know people like you are out there trying to understand and push hardware beyond it's designed limits. Most importantly, have fun!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Yeah, I've got a thing for dev equipment (have any, or proto stuff - mail me!), you name it, I've either had it, or had the opportunity to buy it.

But yeah, thank god for "second hand", at 10k - it would have been just a dream!
    That's awesome and I'm jealous. Mind you if I got my hands on one of those I'd sure end up missing a lot of sleep!

Congrats and good luck. Finally something to get excited about!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Great news Hope you reach your goals point the whole ps3 community in to the correct direction.

Maybe your devs already had this thought, but, why not make a game like program, launches like a game, and i assume HV is not running at that time, and thats when you make the swap with another disk (game) sort of like swap majic?

or even from there, somehow downgrade or install a custom fw? or even just modify the fw? anywho just some thoughts i had while reading your article.

Best of luck and lets get this done!

this is some hot news indeed.

we may still not be able to hack the ps3 with this TOOL, but at least you guys will manage to fully understand how the PS3 works, and that is definitely a BIG step in the right direction.

This is truly a great day for the PS3news dev team.

I hope if nothing else it finally answers some questions I am sure you have all had for some time now.

First and foremost, congrats! This is truly epic news!

Not to be the 'debbie-downer' but if sony found out who owned this unit prior, couldnt they lock it out from the TOOL updates and whatnot? maybe im just being paranoid... lol

cheers and here's to the forthcoming 'checkmate' on that hypervisor crap

BTW: Any news yet? Would be great to hear about the progress exploring it.

Thumbs Up

Awesome stuff, I hope you guys manage to gain something useful from owning this mahoosive chunk of sony goodness!! Good luck

Quote Originally Posted by leuch3rd View Post
    Not to be the 'debbie-downer' but if sony found out who owned this unit prior, couldnt they lock it out from the TOOL updates and whatnot? maybe im just being paranoid... lol
    Yea, that isn't an issue... the updates are usually internal leaks from multiple sources versus updating the TOOL directly from Sony.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shrink View Post
    BTW: Any news yet? Would be great to hear about the progress exploring it.
    I wouldn't expect 'daily' updates... he just got it, is grabbing some required files needed for testing and then will begin exploring what can be done with it.

Based on talking to CJPC and bearing any 'breaking news' discovered with it, I would say to expect updates on a weekly/bi-weekly etc basis depending on their progress made and of course CJ's freetime.

Like most others here, he starts up classes again and has to make time for "real life" stuff too.. so he/the Devs aren't hacking away at it 24/7 lol!

In my opinion the hardest part is done- we now have a PS3 TOOL at the Devs disposal and it's not going anywhere, so basically just let them do what they do best with no pressure. Rest assured, when there is news/progress... they will share it!

Congratulations for the Dev Team to make such a big improvement. just hope this is going smoothly. Take your time bro.

Sponsored Links
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News