Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by snowisawesome00 View Post
    sweet! wish i had one of those!
    Me too.. I want one, i would help the devs with it.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    PS3news Dev Team + PS3 Tool = HACKED PS3.

congrats are in order, I can't wait to see what the future holds.
    I still have a PS3 on FW 2.10 & a Debug on 2.80. I'm ready if you need me.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    congratulations cjpc, you really sound excited and I've never seen you this happy before. I guess its really really big news and I hope you get to find an exploit for everyone else to have fun.

Cool

Yea lol, he (and the other Devs) have been wanting one since before it even existed... awhile back CJPC sold his PS2 TOOL and got a PS3 Debug, but the PS3 TOOL is basically the "Holy Grail" of PS3 Development hardware.

Unlike PS3 Test consoles that are primarily used for debugging, the PS3 TOOL essentially moves CJPC to "unlicensed developer" status... if he got a DBA and applied for/was granted a Dev license ([Register or Login to view links]) from Sony, he could create his own PS3 games as a third-party developer.

Of course that won't happen, but those who know what they are doing with one and have connections to the required PS3 TOOL system updates and documentation gives us the best shot at unlocking the PS3 to date.

best news i've heard in a long time. well done and good luck with everything in the future.

how was this unit funded too? thats some real dedication if this was brought privately.

can't wait to read more news as it comes in. i seriously check this site every second i have access to a computer hoping for more progress. good stuff!!!

Wow, Congratulations, but one thing... how did they acquire it lol

Quote Originally Posted by brent0r View Post
    how was this unit funded too? thats some real dedication if this was brought privately.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chivafighter View Post
    Wow, Congratulations, but one thing... how did they acquire it lol
    CJPC bought it himself, however, keep two things in mind:

1) A hobby of his has always been Dev stuff, both collecting and tinkering with it. While it's great he isn't one of those hypocritical collectors (who buy but don't ever use the stuff, or don't hack with it because they don't agree with piracy/scene views) he did buy it for his own personal use as well as to benefit PS3 Dev progress. I guess my point is simply that if the PS3 was already hacked, he would still jump on buying a PS3 TOOL the instant opportunity knocked.

2) He didn't pay the retail price for it, so while it may be $10k+ new he got it used off Ebay. Lucky? VERY much so, but smart enough not to pay retail for anything in life... let alone $10,000 for a metal box.

Ebay

You got to love ebay, my place for aftermarket parts for my car, phones and now.

CJPC got this masterpiece there for a reduced price... wow

Quote Originally Posted by Chivafighter View Post
    You got to love ebay, my place for aftermarket parts for my car, phones and now.
    So I hear LOL... believe it or not, as much time as I spend online each day (like 10+ hours, 7 days a week) I have never, ever used Ebay myself. I don't even have an account there, though I really should push myself to get into it... then I can be the next guy on one of those "I made millions on Ebay" infomercials.

Yeah, I've got a thing for dev equipment (have any, or proto stuff - mail me!), you name it, I've either had it, or had the opportunity to buy it.

But yeah, thank god for "second hand", at 10k - it would have been just a dream!

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News