Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Precompiled Toolchain for Win32 (01-24-2010) is Available

Sponsored Links
    With the recent GeoHot PS3 Hack news, we missed a PS3 Precompiled Toolchain (for Win32) update that Ifcaro released a few days ago.

His previous PS3SDK update was back in 2008, so it's definitely welcomed for those seeking to compile their own PS3 homebrew such as the "Hello World" OtherOS BLD sample (pictured below).

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / PS3 Precompiled Toolchain for Win32 (01-24-2010) [Mirror]

Some notes, roughly translated: Have long had compiled the toolchain ps3 and ps3sdk of mc and when I thought I had put it here, but did not want to put it to you test. Today finally I decided to test the hello world and it worked.

So here I leave the PS3 Toolchain & PS3SDK of mc. I have converted the elf to a bld and have run the hello world :D I managed to compile the toolchain and ps3sdk on windows with mingw. Then I went to compile the examples and I have generated an elf.

Package precompiled toolchain with the PS3 and the ps3sdk draft of mc. Tested on Windows 7 and Windows XP. gzip it and rename it to otheros.bld .. then it should work on the PS3.

You can convert the ELF to a BLD (although you need to convert the ELF to raw binary using "ppu-objcopy -O binary" before gzipping it), but if you have an otheros partition on your harddrive (formatted as EXT2/EXT3), it's more convenient to use mcload, which can run the ELFs directly.

PS3 Precompiled Toolchain for Win32 (01-24-2010) is Available

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cool.

Is this similar to that BD-Java Super Mario, made by some Japanese guy 2 years ago?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    wow !!! we wait for hello world of XMB now !!

awesome, sounds like it be useful to you guys.

I'll wait for the decent translation

yap i hope this helps devs

It's just an updated build of the homebrew PS3 Toolchain, so not anything super-exciting... I think people just saw the "Hello World" sample and thought it was a real PS3 Hello World or something.

All the sample is, is basically what PS3 SAK does... just prints some text on the screen via an OtherOS BLD file.

Thank you for clearing that up bossman. I have a question for you, and any one out there really. I've been looking into books about topics relating to all this, and really wish for some advice on good reads in order to understand what you devs do out there. I wish I could use this tool to help with the exploit, but my understanding of most of this is at best minimal (but it is on the increase!)

So I know this may not be the correct spot, and feel free to delete this post if you must, I just want to learn more about how to help (Even if my help may be months or years away, it's better than just consuming and not creating (Which is exactly what's wrong humanity today)

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by xUb3rn00dlEx View Post
    I just want to learn more about how to help (Even if my help may be months or years away, it's better than just consuming and not creating (Which is exactly what's wrong humanity today)
    I'm not a Dev either, but here are a few "quickie" recommendations:
    • The skillset the PS3 Devs seek is detailed HERE, and of those I'm sure you could find various books on them at places like Amazon.com.

• If you are looking to get into it more hardcore, one of the leading Devs xorloser recommends Bruce Schneier’s Applied Cryptography as "a very basic overview of some common cryptographic terms and techniques employed not just in videogame consoles but universally." You can read more on his thoughts about it here: [Register or Login to view links]

If anyone has other suggestions, feel free to add them below!

nice, let me find one freedom ps3 to try it

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast