Woot, I did it. I deleted everything, reinstalled it and edited a few files.
1. Ran the C:/ps3dev/ps3dev.bat and went to C:/ps3dev/msys/1.0/ and ran the msys.bat
2. in the command window, I used the command
3. Error! It could not find the main build.mak file, we'll fix that. (keep the MINGW32 cmd-like window open!)
4. Open the Makefile located in "C:\ps3dev\ps3sdk\samples\template\elf_templat e\" and change
and then save it.
5. On the MINGW32 cmd-like window, use the command: (the mingw32 still should be in the directory of "C:\ps3dev\ps3sdk\samples\template\elf_templat e", If not, use the CD command to get it there..)
6. O.o New error, This time, It cant find the ppu binaries it needs (which are located in the "C:\ps3dev\ppu\bin" folder.
7. (again, keep the MINGW32 windows open) To Fix this, open up "C:\ps3dev\ps3sdk\build.mak" in notepad/wordpad and we need to edit:
CC = ppu-gcc
CXX = ppu-g++
AS = ppu-gcc
LD = ppu-gcc
AR = ppu-ar
RANLIB = ppu-ranlib
STRIP = ppu-strip
CC = C:\ps3dev\ppu\bin\ppu-gcc
CXX = C:\ps3dev\ppu\bin\ppu-g++
AS = C:\ps3dev\ppu\bin\ppu-gcc
LD = C:\ps3dev\ppu\bin\ppu-gcc
AR = C:\ps3dev\ppu\bin\ppu-ar
RANLIB = C:\ps3dev\ppu\bin\ppu-ranlib
STRIP = C:\ps3dev\ppu\bin\ppu-strip
8. Finally, we need to go back to the MINGW32 window, and run the MAKE command again.
This time, it succeeds and creates the .elf we were looking for. We can now run this using mcload or convert it into a .bld (which i'm looking into now! Will post up how to do it)
Hope this helps!