Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ahh, this is a great opportunity for future devs.. nice

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This would mean we could start programming homebrew for the ps3, i don't believe that the programming level is that far at the moment, only for game designer and sony engineers :S

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for the update info bro, I can't wait to give it a try.

This is not really a exploit because this is launched under the OtherOS Kernel thus launched under Linux.

Nobody ever said it was... did you even read (or understand) any of the previous posts?

That is exactly why topics like this are posted in the PS3 Dev section... to keep the "OMG exploit" kiddies out.

Thank you boss. I have found the book at B&N but it's $60 and my semester just started so I'm going to have to see if it's really affordable for me right now. Might buy a used one. I noticed it was from 1995, so I assume it's dated? Since it is basics my guess the basics haven't changed much in 15 years in that case?

How can I set this up in windows, I cant seem to figure it out lol. Any guide?

Just wanna mess with the examples, but can't seem to compile them... The make command via MinGW nor msys never work and error (See attachment.)
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

2.JPG  

Looking at it, try copying the folder "C:\ps3dev\ps3sdk" to "C:\ps3sdk" and giving it another go.

You could muck with the environmental variables etc, but try the above first - it may prove to be easier!

Hmm, Unfortunatly copying the ps3dev folder to C Didn't work. I'm pretty sure its because it was looking for
    Code:
    /ps3dev/ps3sdk/....
    Instead of the proper:
    Code:
    C:/ps3dev/ps3sdk/...
    Naturally, I ended up messing with the enviromental variables, and now get a new error lol. (See attachment)
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

3.JPG  

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by NZHawk View Post
    Hmm, Unfortunatly copying the ps3dev folder to C Didn't work. I'm pretty sure its because it was looking for
    Code:
    /ps3dev/ps3sdk/....
    Instead of the proper:
    Code:
    C:/ps3dev/ps3sdk/...
    Naturally, I ended up messing with the enviromental variables, and now get a new error lol. (See attachment)
    The error you're describing is common. It means make can't find a program it needs to run a particular command. The question I have is which one?

Did you make a backup of your variables at all? Maybe a path was messed up when you tinkered with them, and it might be really particular on how it should be set up.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast