Your idea seems interesting and promising, couple of questions though.
should we edit the pkg.h file or the pkg header? pkgview or unpkg to use for this? have you succeeded with this method?
thanks and keep them coming.
Thanks for the hard work so far. It is programs like this that will really help to shape the future of homebrew and developing on the PS3. I like how so many tools have come out in such a short amount of time.
Cute little trick I did last night, involves downloading the GookTV debug pkg from the debug links.
Extract it, fire up the PS3FTP, and copy the NPHA800082 folder in /dev_hhd0/game/
Make sure does NOT have the second folder with the same name, because the FTP does NOT support CUT + PASTE lol.
Anyways, after that's done, you'll see a "TV" icon on your xmb, jailbreak or not.
PS3 PKGView v1.0 Extractor Homebrew Application is Updated
Following up on the previous releases, today I have updated the PS3 PKGView Extractor homebrew application for PC to version 1.0 followed by version 1.1 and version 1.1b which include bug fixes.
Download: http://ps3zone.ifcaro.net/archivos/PkgView_1.0.rar / http://ps3zone.ifcaro.net/archivos/PkgView_1.1.rar / http://ps3zone.ifcaro.net/archivos/PkgView_1.1b.rar
PkgView is a tool for extracting files from PS3 pkg. Tool is 100% legal it contains no Sony code. PkgView also has a graphical interface that simplifies the extraction of both individual files and the complete package.
Version 1.1bVersion 1.1
- FIX: Fails to extract big files
- FIX: PARAM.SFO not appear.
- FIX: Empty folders not appear.
- Added support for retail pkg (thanks to the implementation of Mathieulh).
- Now accepts pkg passed as parameter.
- Added support for drag-Pkg to the application.
- Added option to extract the source folder
- Added extension association .Pkg
- Added option Extract here in the context menu of Windows.
- FIX: Duplicate Folders and files out
- FIX: Check if the pkg is debug
- Added extraction of folders
- Improved extraction algorithm
More PlayStation 3 News...