Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Apparently I have the wrong idea about the ./makepkg command and how it's used. I tried it on OpenBM, not that I really need it, but it said there was source in there so I thought I would try it with that. Sorry I'm a freaking n00b when it comes to this.

Anyways I'm sure there will be plenty of tools, documentation and tutorials in the coming weeks and after that it won't even be an issue since the developers will start signing themselves.
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Users can only edit posts for a few minutes each to fix grammar/spelling errors etc, after that the button disappears basically.
    Thanks. I guess I'm going to have to check my post more thoroughly before I post since I usually find errors minutes after I've posted.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi,

So anyone in the know as to wether this could be used to help "legitimate" users recover game saves that were locked to a ps3's hardware?

Sony keeps allowing companies to create savefiles that can only be backed up with system restore and only restored to the same ps3... would this become accessible for editing with all the tinkering?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Pretty sure you can't sign retail packages, that's why geohot made a MFW, which has package signature check disabled, but keeps the check for signed SELF/NPDRM. At least if you watch and listen to the video that's what I understand he says...

I've grabbed the last ps3tools from fail0ver team and it seems that makeself it is working now. I tested it on ps3swu.self from geohot's PS3UPDAT.pup:

[Register or Login to view code]

$ ps3tools/makeself app 355 3.55.0 01000002 ff00000110700003 1 new.elf new.self

how did you know those 3.55.0 01000002 ff00000110700003 1 ??

the values are from "readself ps3swu.self" and reading source code.

As far as I can understand the part missing is making the gamepkg, but with geohot patch it's trivial because doesn't need signing, just what ungpkg do but in reverse.

Jesus I go to bed at 5 in the morning and wake up today to find a gwop of homebrew for the short amount of time that has passed. That was quicker than I expected.
    Last edited by geofferey; 01-09-2011 at 06:07 PM

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Users can only edit posts for a few minutes each to fix grammar/spelling errors etc, after that the button disappears basically.
    Any chance you could change this option? Thanks!

No, sadly due to spammers making BS posts and then editing them a few days later to include their spam we have no plans to change the editing permissions. We can override them though for members who need it (such as we did for deanrr) so that they can update their posts, lists, etc but not just for users who want to be able to edit in general.

can I get that option... , I just need it in the multiMan Themes Thread, nowhere else, cause sometimes I might post an early build of themes, and then people use the wrong one, if not it's cool Boss.

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News