Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

Exclamation PS3 Online DNA$ ?

Sponsored Links
    I haven't seen this covered yet, and I am curious if there is even any online DNA$ checks going on for games that are online? Any scene groups out there posted any such news?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I'm pretty sure some form of DNA$ check occurs. Most likely it is bundled into some of the bigger files on the blu-ray discs. So you'd probably have to extract those data files within those big files in order to get to the network checks and patch them.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i don't believe it will be the same dna$ check it had in ps2. it will be either sth completely different or a really improved version of dna$. i guess the ps3 brdgen will be the start of everything.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just wondered this last night lol, but forgot and you posted the question before me.

Perhaps sonys confident enough in their "firmware update" strategy that they left DNA$ out this time around. It did cause legit users some problems last gen.

yeah i agree with that. several updates for preventing the pirates to play online, would be a working solution for them. unless the ps3 will get a driver firmware hack like xbox360 has.

Quote Originally Posted by WOWchamp View Post
    Just wondered this last night lol, but forgot and you posted the question before me.

Perhaps sonys confident enough in their "firmware update" strategy that they left DNA$ out this time around. It did cause legit users some problems last gen.
    I don't think they left it out. If you go to system settings and select one of the options where it scrolls copyright information on the screen, you will see further down the list that it has a DNAS copyright.

Right, because the PS2 still uses DNA$ and AFAIK you can play your original PS2 games online.

Need to have a group like Paradox, give us some info into this

I'm sure they will pass some info along as the need arises, but I wouldn't be too worried about DNA$ as it if ever becomes an issue the raw source code on how the entire Authentication System works is in the proper hands... and if $ony updates it that isn't an issue either.

im always gettin them damn errors, all i do is turn my ps3 off for like 5 mins and put it back on again and it should be fine

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News