Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 NAND Dump Extractor released!

Sponsored Links
    Tonight mainman has released the PS3 NAND Dump Extractor/Unpacker that has been in the works for awhile!

Download: PS3 NAND Dump Extractor

It comes with a Windows and Linux binary as well as source code, and those without an Infectus Mod can still experiment with it using the following 'dumpable dumps' files (via PS3 Infectus) available in [Register or Login to view links] when merged:

samsungk9f1g08uoa_a-_www.PS3News.com_.rar [54.2 MB (56,925,643 bytes)]

samsungk9f1g08uoa_b_usb-_www.PS3News.com_.rar [54.4 MB (57,066,577 bytes)]

From the ReadMe file: This tool is used to interleave, then byteswaps both dumps of the PS3 NAND. Upon completion, it creates a 'user readable' file.

This file is then scanned by the tool, and the flash files are extracted to a folder. This folder is named PS3Nand-XXX.XXXX, where XXX.XXXX is the SDK Version magic in the flash (usually the version number of the firmware)

.B .A usually works, however in some cases .A .B order is required.

Please post any feedback in our PlayStation 3 Dev Chat Forum HERE!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    snes emu here we go gj guys keep it up

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    its not working for me. i keep getting an access violation.
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    It looks like a permissions issue... if it's a folder you can try creating them yourself, but if it's the files you may need to fix perms first.

Quote Originally Posted by grimriper200020 View Post
    its not working for me. i keep getting an access violation.
    First b then a in this case ( following the screenshot I assume you are using the 1.5 dumps ).

ciao

To clarify : Address of the FS is still hardcoded in this release so if you want to use a different dump I suggest to compile from source with different OFFSET that can be easy found reading the documentation in the source code. Relocation and FF blocks are not handled in this release.

CJPC : i'd like to add few informations for the community , fell free to delete it if it is not on topic.

The dump we took in consideration is a dump of a PS3 EU 1.5 . We did also analyze how an update gets written on the NAND FLASH using the 1.5 Firmware Update Package.

What we discover is that RL_FOR_PACKAGE.img and RL_FOR_PROGRAM.img are just copied as they are on NAND . No signing with a specific key , while CORE_OS_PACKAGE is instead kind of decompressed on NAND . Each Firmware Update contain a unique a specific header per file that describe date in which the file is created , header and file number in the case of the dev_flash_002.tar.aa* .

Files in both case are still encrypted ( on FW update and NAND to be clear ) so what you are dumping are encrypted files , key used is the cell cpu key that's why restoring a DUMP on a different PS3 console won't work.

Secure Design of the PS3 allows on boot decryption ( from NAND(?) to RAM ) of the first stage loader . Key store is probably accessible only dumping memory during on-boot sequence , before the spu got insolated from the rest of the system or ( speculation ) with a device that speaks directly with the cell processor in our case only RSX got such privilege.

Rambus and flex-io connection with the system is not documented at all ( apart brochure ) so man in the middle attacks / timing attacks are just a theory for now it will take a lot of time to understand better how the system works and how to setup such environment.

Also I'd like to remind that this works took all the PS3 News's DEVs few months in testing , bug fixing , and open mind sharing of ideas so if you have a contribution to make in terms of findings , ideas that make sense or documentations you want to share with us , please contact CJPC it will be very appreciated and of course smart people are always welcome in the team! :-)

Ahh, what a wonderfull proggy! I'd just love to experiment with it! Can someone mirror those 'dumpable dumps' somwhere instead of megaupload? Can't get them from there

what does the program do? I don't understand.

can someone explain me with simple words??

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by einzwei View Post
    Ahh, what a wonderfull proggy! I'd just love to experiment with it! Can someone mirror those 'dumpable dumps' somwhere instead of megaupload? Can't get them from there
    Here are some mirrors (will add more later today):

samsungk9f1g08uoa_a-_www.PS3News.com_.rar

[Register or Login to view links]

http://rapidshare.com/files/80005290/samsungk9f1g08uoa_a-_www.PS3News.com_.rar.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?1v0wjjb4ym8

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a7c083/

samsungk9f1g08uoa_b_usb-_www.PS3News.com_.rar

http://rapidshare.com/files/80008745/samsungk9f1g08uoa_b_usb-_www.PS3News.com_.rar.html

http://www.mediafire.com/?25enzgg1zbv

http://www.filefactory.com/file/5b4046/

Quote Originally Posted by cosmo 7 View Post
    what does the program do? I don't understand.

can someone explain me with simple words??
    This utility simply unpacks the dumped PS3 flash contents so that users can begin to examine the individual files it contains.

oh ok. But is the infectus chip necessary ?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News