Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Model Detection PKG Homebrew Application is Released

Sponsored Links
    Today rms has released a PS3 Model Detection PKG homebrew application for determining the PlayStation 3 model so that, among other things, users can see if their console is supported by the various PS3 Custom Firmware (CFW) updates available.

Currently the PS3 homebrew app supports both 3.41 and 3.55 Firmware systems in addition to Waninkoko 3.55 PS3 Custom Firmware.

Download: PS3 Model Detection PKG for 3.41 FW / PS3 Model Detection PKG for 3.55 FW / PS3 Model Detection PKG for 3.55 Waninkoko CFW

To quote: "Have you ever wondered what specific version of hardware was inside of your PS3?

Well, a dev by the name of rms, has created a PS3 app that identifies exactly that.

The app, appropriately called PS3 Model Detection, will tell you your PS3's System Target ID, Motherboard Revision, and BD-Laser Revision."

PS3 Model Detection PKG Homebrew Application is Released

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Isn't it easier to look on the bottom of the sony?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    This is good so that way firmware installers (in the future we might have custom ones) can verify compatibility before proceeding.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Xalies View Post
    Isn't it easier to look on the bottom of the sony?
    but not so many details there...

The 3.41 version's unable to detect my CECHA06.

Don't you have to have CFW on your ps3 so you can install pkg's...?

I mean, I guess you could always use a dongle to jailbreak and install this pkg to see if your ps3 is compatible with the cfw... But it would be so much easier, to just look in the back of your ps3 for the model. That's just my 2 cents.

But yea, all in all, good work. Keep up the progress!

Good to see the BD-Laser version in this app. So you don't have to look up for it or search if you want to replace it yourself. The other infos what model number you have, should you know anyway or look at the backside of your PS3.

Emh... this can be useful to limit the installation of something in certain models of PS3 but alone is not very helpful!

I fail to see the point of this, the model number is on the back of the PS3. The other things aren't really information we need.

Smile

Let the unbricking begin!

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News