Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It is all about breaking the chain of trust. You need to trick your PS3 to run your code at a sufficient low level. Just as the glitch hack on the XBOX, you can then manipulate the signature comparison (which is a memcmp) to always return true. Decrypting code was never a problem, because you need the public keys to do that (which are in the firmware). It's the private keys that made Firmwares up to 3.55 so interesting. By obtaining the private keys (which were obtainable by the fail of sony) we can make packages that run on OFW.

Having 3.60 or 3.73 public keys won't help you, unless you have a CFW that will unsigned or mal-signed code. Obtaining the 3.60 public keys shouldn't be hard, since they are public.

What I am missing in all of these discussions about keys is the mention whether they are public or private keys. This is a big difference.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by snoekie
    Decrypting code was never a problem, because you need the public keys to do that (which are in the firmware).
    Orly? Go get PUBLIC lv0 keys pretty please.

Quote Originally Posted by snoekie
    Having 3.60 or 3.73 public keys won't help you, unless you have a CFW that will unsigned or mal-signed code.
    BS. Did we need new firmware to run Uncharted 3? Nope. Guess what, JUST DECRYPTING EBOOT was enough. All we need are the keys to decrypt eboots. Since SDK didn't change, all games will still work. No need of custom FW at all.

Quote Originally Posted by 404 View Post
    ...but trust me breakself is real....
    How do you know? Why didn't M... tell us the hash of the keys as undeniable proof, how does decrypting unknown file prove it?
    Last edited by medi01; 11-15-2011 at 08:04 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by iscnokia View Post
    I understand that PS3 console uses several levels of encryption and in order to unencrypt it
    Private key = sign things
    Public key = decrypt things

seriously watch the fail0verflow vid again

Quote Originally Posted by iscnokia View Post
    Also, that phony DOS windows showing that output is nothing that any program running what you want so I could also write a C program printing:

printf ("I have a 3.60+ CFW \n");
    in dos its derived with "ECHO" by the way.

If there's so much noise around it, it probably means they're private...

so many smart people on here but the keys are illusive still.. must be hard to get eh.. LOL

surely someone here has what you all want.

I find it surprising there's not more talk about the zero size self expolit load to HV found by Failoverflow and detailed in xx404xx doc links at start of this thread.

If the HV could be exploited, it could be patched to NOT hide the lvl0 bootloder and therefore use HV to dump the bootloader, even if it is encrypted, it is a start.

Like Maths and xx404xx keep hinting, it's all there on our PS3's. Just getting the sucker to give it up! Like I say, dont know why a known exploit of HV is not being discussed/followed up on, or maybe it is and I ain't on right IRC channels to hear about it?

New PS3 Metldr2 Revision Dumped by DarkVolt as DumpMetldr.bin

Following up on the previous PS3 Metldr news update and Guides, this weekend Spanish PlayStation 3 developer DarkVolt has made available dumpmetldr.bin via [Register or Login to view links] which appears to be a dump of the new PS3 Metldr revision found in PlayStation 3 CECH-2504 consoles (datecode 1b and above) followed by a PS3 Boot Loader SE Version 3.7.3 (lv0 segment) dump and more below.

Download: [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links] (most complete head including)

To quote, roughly translated: Here I come to leave the metldr decryption: [Register or Login to view links] according fence can I go to publish a thing or two more.

Seeks the root key of geohot within the metldr dump I published aver if it sounds the flute.. I am the source and the base is an exploit..

Deneuve image but this time I am not clear. I have work I'll be realeasing more stuff. Saying this is not worthy... hehehe explanation:

We Have a decrypted metldr here, if you see it you will see a little Is An elf Without the normal header. It contains the root keys That geohot publish and a couple of 0x30 addead from 3.50 and ahead, and it STILL USES IT.

HAVING in the elf metldr we can put it the header and upload it in using it as anergistic unselfer for loaders! The metldr is still used in 3.74 (a debug already exists) and 3.73 retail too.

The difference of charge IS that before the metldr used to take the files from CoreOS and now it deliverer LV0 via ram em to us and close the access to the file BUT WE CAN IT DECRYPTED with the keys from the root metldr added if we have the file.

LV0 can be the decrypted if we fix the feat of math to support the bootldr and decrypts the metadata from the header from LV0 and decrypts this with the rest of the spaces with Their loaders.. Worthy is it not? hehe

Edit to add, if you compare a ISOLDR from 3.55 with the metldr you will realize that they are almost the same, I mean the isoldr contains the updates for the metldr (virtual of course)

That in and 3.60 + Also it IS inside of the LV0 so it every time can update the initial metldr boots with the new couple of the keys already have... uploading the metldr in anergistic [Register or Login to view links]

[Register or Login to view code]

With Metldr have almost total control of the console as we see in the picture above, however also shows that the bootldr is the only part of the PS3 outside the Metldr, but (and I say this in complete ignorance but using a logic low) and you have full access to the console should be much simpler to access bootldr in any case if this is true it would mean a breakthrough.

[Register or Login to view code]

PS3 Boot Loader SE Version 3.7.3: [Register or Login to view links] (lv0 segment) / [Register or Login to view links] / [Register or Login to view links]

From by jon_17_: The loads metldr ldr, ldr but these must be authenticated before a hash that contains internally metldr himself. metldr2 comes in certain consoles not downgrade (dataCode 1b and higher) are the most modern consoles today.

Metldr weighs 60KB (usually in some cases), the spu local store have 256KB. The loaders to load the LV0 be decrypted (always), lv1 (always) and lv2 (only in lpar_ps3). Decrypted the loaders themselves LV0, lv1 and lv2.

The lv2 to be deciphered in the lpar_ps3 saved in the spu local_store isolated the idstorage, this stores the hash idstorage of valid executables.

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

darkvolt.jpg   mtdq.png   ps3cryptochain538x284.png  
    Attached Files Attached Files

i wish i knew what they are talking about.. LOL

Here's what a good majority of the people don't know:

Math told us how to do this already!!! There was a bit of a puzzle, but once you put it together you understand it. (If you understand this stuff)

And DemonHades was right. It's possible through RAM.
    Last edited by Foo; 11-21-2011 at 03:11 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

its all over my head at this point in time.. if i wasn't so busy playing games i'd try to learn all this stuff.. LOL

Sponsored Links

Page 16 of 21 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News