Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

PS3 LV2 Kernel Peek/Poke Patched, Backup Managers and CFW!

Update: This method ended up failing because the LV2 address range is protected by Sony on PS3 with Firmware v3.55, so Netkas and flukes1 are now working on a patch for LV1 instead.

Today Netkas and flukes1 have successfully managed to patch the PS3 lv2_kernel in v3.55 Firmware to allow peek and poke syscalls, meaning PlayStation 3 backup managers and Custom Firmware (CFW) will also be able to make use of them!

Download: PS3 3.55 LV2 Kernel Patched with Peek/Poke / PS3 3.55 Custom Firmware with Peek/Poke / 3.55 Peek-n-Poke Patcher GUI and 3.55 Peek-n-Poke Patcher GUI v2 by http://psx-scene.com/forums/665699-post1.html

From the ReadMe file:Patch to add peek and poke syscalls to PS3 firmware v3.55 by flukes1 and netkas (irc.efnet.net #ps3test)

To create the patched PS3UPDAT.PUP:

1. Use bspatch to apply PS3UPDAT.PUP.bsdiff to Sony's official 3.55 PUP, which is available from their website.
    2. Run this from command line: "bspatch PS3UPDAT.PUP PS3UPDAT-NEW.PUP PS3UPDAT.PUP.bsdiff"
    2. Ensure that the md5sum of the resulting PS3UPDAT.PUP is: 337831fac6a9b05074f73710c4bb7c86

Simply install the patched PS3UPDAT.PUP onto your PS3, then install geohot's jailbreak.

Our PUP can be installed over any firmware version, including 3.55-geohot. If you install over 3.55-geohot, you must reinstall geohot's jailbreak afterwards.

For developers: peek is syscall 6, poke is syscall 7 (same as PL3 dev payload)

Props to mastag22, lastExile, Killer_In - our testers with balls of steel.

Enjoy!

- flukes1, netkas

PS3 LV2 Kernel Peek / Poke Patched, Backup Managers and CFW!

PS3 LV2 Kernel Peek / Poke Patched, Backup Managers and CFW!

More PlayStation 3 News...

I tried multiMAN with that .PUP and it doesn't work. Let's wait Dean update it, lol.

Hopefully it will all work when they did update there backups managers, and there will probably come an noob-friendly tutorial

thanks geohot for make this happen lol, altough you didn't do it yourself

Cool news indeed! Thanks Mbb, and moved to the main page now as well.

what a progress!

thanks for all the FW's and apps! hope so BM's will work soon on 3.55

Just waiting for Dean updating his multiMAN. Pressing F5 on his topic

I'm going to wait a little while before I jump on this. The original jb payloads did not include peek/poke. My guess is that after devs get a handle on 3.55 there will be a new CFW with only the needed syscalls added and not peek/poke.

Guys I updated from 3.41 straight to the patched CFW 3.55?

Am I ok or was I supposed to update to the Official 3.55 first?

PS3 seems fine it recognized as 3.55

I don't understand this release, Geohot in his video from last week he says OMG don't patch lv2 you'll brick your console. Either that was a hint at what to do to get backups launched, or this at some point will brick your console.

I know PL3 is supposed to be cleaner code or whatever but how does it compare to hermes 4b? Last time I tried Pl3 (when first released) a lot of my games wouldn't work so I went back to Hermes.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast