Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quick Question guys, when Sony implemented the removal of the "other OS" feature via firmware 3.21 on the ps3, what exactly did they remove? and then it was made standard that all ps3 slim wouldn't have the feature software wise or hardware wise?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just waiting for the day, when we can double click and run PS3 games under the Linux Gnome Environment

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Is that a real possibility or do games need gameos?

This is fantastic news, i hope it will be also avaiable for 3.41 hermes cfw!

This is awesome! Every machine needs to be able to run Linux!

Quote Originally Posted by steloukos View Post
    How can it improve ps3's features.. etc. " and install drivers for linux??
    God no and trust me, I can't think of anyone that would want to, there's no need, if only you knew what was under that hood.

Things that can be changed, by say a home user is PSU, HDD, BDVD, FAN.

Last one is, theres no need for you, or I, to worry about Linux drivers, let the Dev's do that.
    Last edited by daveshooter; 02-06-2011 at 10:09 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Haha kinect + xbmc = a lot of 360 fan boys crying...
    Quote Originally Posted by Xplic1T View Post
    This seems more elegant than Kmeaw's 3.55 linux loader. I think 3.55 is definitely better than 3.41 IMO.

You guys both need to unite and use each others resources and knowhow to create a uniform loader.
    co-sign on that 1 or just release a 3.55 version great work graf!!
    Last edited by devious1080; 02-07-2011 at 07:09 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Arrow

More graf_chokolo updates: [Register or Login to view links]
    Finally mounted all HDD regions of GameOS on my PS3 Linux

Here is my answer to SONY’s threats.

UFS2 mounted on Linux – [Register or Login to view links]

FAT32 mounted on Linux – [Register or Login to view links]

Working now on VFLASH and FLASH drivers for Linux

And thanks to Mecenefeaa and his Dad for the help with Linux

I will write a driver on Linux for user-space programs to access the ENCDEC peripheral device soon

Oh no, not SONY agents here again

I will not stop my HV hacking and reversing, i cannot, it’s like the air i need to breath, without it i’m dead. I’m not able to stop, and your threats make me even more motivated

Here are all HDD regions on my PS3 Linux:

root@ps3-linux:~# ls -l /dev/ps3*
    brw-rw—- 1 root root 254, 16 Feb 6 23:07 /dev/ps3db
    brw-rw—- 1 root root 254, 32 Feb 6 23:07 /dev/ps3dc
    brw-rw—- 1 root root 254, 48 Feb 6 23:07 /dev/ps3dd
    brw-rw—- 1 root root 254, 49 Feb 6 23:07 /dev/ps3dd1
    brw-rw—- 1 root root 254, 50 Feb 6 23:07 /dev/ps3dd2
    brw-rw—- 1 root root 254, 53 Feb 6 23:07 /dev/ps3dd5

I didn’t measure it, but next time i compile it i will do it And it will be soon, because i intend to implement today VFLASH and FLASH block device drivers on my PS3 Linux Then i could e.g. update my Linux bootloader on VFLASH or store a new modified lv1.self on CORE OS FLASH, and do it all from Linux HV hacking is cool and fun I feel like a kid in a candy store right now

Stay tuned guys, adventure PS3 Linux continues

[Register or Login to view links]

Here is my just finished VFLASH block device driver on my PS3 Linux in action

Thanks, i will take a look at it

Next step, implementing FLASH block device driver for Linux, so i could access CORE OS FLSH from Linux

Don’t worry guys, i’m still busy with PS3 Linux Today i managed to compile the latest petitboot version with nice GUI I will write a tutorial how to do it, you will need this bootloader to boot your Linux I couldn’t compile it because of some GCC problems with uClibc last weekend but now i fixed the problem.

Started to write now FLASH block device driver, i will need it to flash my custom lv1.self on PS3 Linux

No problem, i intend to publish all the knowledge i used to install Linux on HDD on my HV page in the next days because all the people are getting too impatient i fear and i will appreciate any help. I will explain how i patched HV to be able to boot Linux from HDD. If you have any specific questions then you can write to my email.

And to all you guys who want to install Linux Be patient, there are won’t be any releases from me that are not thorougly tested. Do not expect any “fast release, immediately brick” releases from me If someone is impatient, then give a try to AsbestOS , it’s the same Linux, just booted differently.

I spend all my free time on HV reversing and bringing Linux back, cannot do more And please guys, try to keep the conversation technical here, it’s very hard to follow, i appreciate your support but please only technical questions and discussions. Thanks.
    Attached Files Attached Files

I think this is amazing news and would like to congratulate Graf. However, all those that are talking about XBMC can forget it, especially if you expect anyone from the XBMC community to help. Noone in the XBMC dev community is even remotely interested in working on a PS3 port. They consider the PS3 to be an inferior machine for media centre purposes compared to current generation nettops, which is a fair point. Whatever you do, do not go on to their forums asking them for a PS3 port.

Now, I would love to see XBMC on the PS3, but the only way this will happen is for someone from the PS3 community to take up the challenge of porting it. Hopefully this will build interest and encourage others to join.

Again well done Graf for making this even remotely possible.

thats the thing, if there was a rsx driver there wouldn't need to be a ps3 port, there is already a ppc linux port which is just fine as thats all the ps3 is a ppc computer. the issue was otheros had a funny workaround for graphics and that caused a huge problem. that and a game os version would require a major rewrite.

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News