Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    finally i can start linux on my slim ps3!

Keep up the good work!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You guys think too small.... what we need is kinect + xbmc running on PS3 linux = Ultimate Media Centre.

engadget.com/2010/12/24/kinemote-kinect-gesture-control-for-boxee-and-xbmc-media-center/

PS. Love this guy's attitude towards hacking... a rare trait indeed.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sorry N3XuS but i don't really agree with you at least for now...i think its more important to write the linux drivers needed for running Linux with the full access to the PS3 Hardware. The RSX driver is still a big problem and also the driver to access the HD.
    After you have Linux running with full compatibility then you will be able to have your ultimate media center.

LoL I think that's pretty much apparent... But it shouldn't stop us from dreaming up endless possibilities, others are getting excited by finally having the chance of running XBMC, (although this is awesome enough in itself), but imagine the fun we'll have when the open source kinect drivers get ported over to linux.

*drool*
    Last edited by N3XuS; 02-06-2011 at 07:23 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Good job playa! Would love to replace ps3 media server for mkvs.

Just wait for 3.55 i can update my 3.15 with Yellow dog.

And why not Amiga OS 4.1, multiboot CFW OtherOS OFW

Why stop there?? I would love to be able to mount my disk on my NAS and stop soiling my PS3`s HD with files I already have elsewhere!!!

Keep up the good work!!

A hell lot of smiley face Deserved smiley face Great work again Graf Chokolo.

I've been holding onto my Old Xbox1 for YEARS because of its awesome Media Center... it seems like the Xbox1 is really the ultimate media center... of course, I do have a 160GB hard drive in it instead of the original 8GB... it plays everything I throw at it music/movie wise with the exception of MKV (which it at least PLAYS, but the audio/video is way out of sync)... so if that is ported to the PS3 but with MKV playback, then I will finally have a good enough reason to sell my Xbox1.

Can someone please explain to me what will linux do to the ps3? How can it improve ps3's features.. etc. Also, could i be able to change the graphics card, memory, cpu.. put something "stonger" and install drivers for linux??

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News