Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by SwordOfWar View Post
    Did anyone notice on the diagrams in the PDF, they always connect the jig device into the 4th port instead of the 1st one?
    I noticed that also, only because my CECHA01 will not boot at all if I plug the Teensy into #4 (it freezes on the logo screen).

It works fine in the other three. Must be some reason for this... something different about #4.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It seems the service mode jig is used on port #1, but the ID switching jig is on port #4.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    wouldn't the original jig of sony work on any fw? so why the FW has to be 3.41 in order to preform psjailbreak/psgroove? i'd say it's not completely a clone of the sony's jig, apparently they have done some reversing and studied the system very well!

The "jailbreak" does EXPLOIT the jig system set by sony, but it does not do the sony's jig by any means. Sony's jig has it's own code that launches service mode that no other device can mimmick without a direct copy of it.

This is not going to happen, and if it does Sony will throw their team of lawyers to stop it and claim copyright infringement even if it was coded from someone's own source.

Do not under estimate the stupidity of sony and how much money that they will throw in any direction to make whatever happen that they want.

Sony is a lot like a mafia in all retrospects.

If the current hack is similar to the jig, would it not be possible to further improve it to gain more functions of the jig?

Quote Originally Posted by dante489 View Post
    wouldn't the original jig of sony work on any fw? so why the FW has to be 3.41 in order to preform psjailbreak/psgroove? i'd say it's not completely a clone of the sony's jig, apparently they have done some reversing and studied the system very well!
    Because it uses the exploit to patch files, they changed to location of the files in 3.42 so the patches don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by whinis View Post
    Because it uses the exploit to patch files, they changed to location of the files in 3.42 so the patches don't work.
    i'm not talking about newer firmwares! i'm talking about the earlier ones..i mean it's gotta be an exploit! it's not completely a clone of the jig, otherwise it would work on the earlier firmwares.

The files have moved every firmware, even if only 1 byte, by the updates unintentionally. We have just got to find the files, also the exploit was added in 2.01 supposedly.
    Last edited by whinis; 09-27-2010 at 11:20 PM

I heard there were more modified versions coming out for old Firmwares, especially to be able to use the OtherOS function.

Quote Originally Posted by whinis View Post
    The files have moved every firmware, even if only 1 byte, by the updates unintentionally. We have just got to find the files, also the exploit was added in 2.01 supposedly.
    How hard is it to find those files and are you sure that is the problem in 3.42? Is that what was changed in 3.50 as well?

Sponsored Links
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News