Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

So there's a working iPhone jailbreak now? I was trying to find a teensy++ when I read about this. I have an old iPhone3G which is making a very damn good paperweight since I got my Nexus One. I've already jailbroken with my N1, however I need it and can't use it all the time lol.

I guess I could get by with the iPhone... I just see it as being annoying to have to turn it on/off to avoid killing its battery.

Is pjrc the only place to buy the teensy++?

Also is the teensy++ 'teensy 2.0++' or are they different? I can't find anything on google when i search teensy 2.0++

The p3Go Gt Break is actually pretty good. It can dual boot Kakaroto and hermes. Initially you'd need a microsd card inserted into the dongle to update but with the latest update, you don't (Get a low capacity one anyway for the first update).

It retails at approx $29.99 plus free shipping. Oh and as a slim ps3 user, I have to say that they are awesome for giving the G-man switch which is basically a switch for the slim ps3. Makes everything so much easier.

Hope this helps =D

Is there a way to jailbreak with a droid x or PSP? And about the Teensy++ 2.0, is that just a PCB stick? i.e it comes with no protective case? Also, how does the MAX AVR USB and Teensy++ 2.0 compare to the original jailbreak stick (think it's called jailbreak2 now). My PS3 is on 3.15 FW atm. But want to get the "best" one I can in case a custom firmware is ever released that runs on a higher firmware. Thanks
    Last edited by Seraphic; 11-21-2010 at 07:26 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

i've got the psjailbreak 2.. works great !

Hey guys,

I am a PS3 JB newbie - I want to play backups of my games, given the propensity for the blu ray drives in my fat PS3 version to give up the ghost.

What's the best dongle to get that will allow me to play backups ASAP with as little messing around as possible?

Quote Originally Posted by ninjaihawk View Post
    So there's a working iPhone jailbreak now? I was trying to find a teensy++ when I read about this. I have an old iPhone3G which is making a very damn good paperweight since I got my Nexus One. I've already jailbroken with my N1, however I need it and can't use it all the time lol.

I guess I could get by with the iPhone... I just see it as being annoying to have to turn it on/off to avoid killing its battery.

Is pjrc the only place to buy the teensy++?

Also is the teensy++ 'teensy 2.0++' or are they different? I can't find anything on google when i search teensy 2.0++
    The Teensy 2.0 uses the ATMEGA32U4 chip with 32k flash, whereas the Teensy 2.0++ uses the AT90USB1286 with a 128k flash (useful for AsbestOS). The AT90USB1286 chips (2.0 ++) have been delayed by Atmega until Jan '11.

I orinally bought a knockoff PSJailbreak clone which worked well until I needed to upgrade the payload, So I bought an original PS3Break 1.2 which upgrades perfectly, although as stated earlier you had to wait for the website to update its mHEX files, until recently where they have uploaded a bootstrapper for the board which allows standard hex files to be used to upgrade the board, although functionality is not guaranteed with the unofficial payloads.

So the advice I can give you is simply if you go for a branded manufactured dev board, watch out for knocked off clones.

Just received my ps3break dongle and also upgraded the firmware to 1.7 My first backup game is Final Fantasy 13. No problem encounter in the process. Working great.

Must I use the dongle whenever I need to play my backup? Must the dongle permanent be in the ps3?

Quote Originally Posted by greeny2010 View Post
    Must I use the dongle whenever I need to play my backup? Must the dongle permanent be in the ps3?
    Until you boot with the dongle, you can plug it out.

Best JailBreak Device for my needs?

Hi!

Going to buy some jailbreak devices for me and my friends and I guess I am going to be their techsupport regarding how to jailbreak and everything else regarding it. Now I don't know which dongle I should choose, there are so many now.

I was thinking about:

PS3USBJAILBREAK
    + Use any firmware (any .hex)
    + The upgrade program seems to be preloaded with new firmware / easy update process / works on Mac (me and a other guy have a Mac)
    + Quite cheap (around $9)
    - Need to buy PS3Go GT-Break (Slim-model switch) separatly (not really a con)
    - ??

PS3Go
    + Bundled with P3Go GT-Break (at least the one I've seen) (not really a pro)
    + Now OpenSource although only one spec. firmware
    - Only specific firmware
    - Quite expensive (around $25)

Any other you guys would recommend and if so why? Any comments about which one of the above (or other) I should choose and why I should choose it?

/TheSwede86

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast