Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so is this correct.. when you use the backup manager on a jailbroken ps3 to dump a game to your usb HDD its decrypts the eboot.bin..??

but on all the PS3 ISO rips on the interwebz the eboot.bin is encrypted..?? so all we need to do is just replace the encrypted eboot.bin inside the iso with the decrypted one and the ISO can be extracted to your usb HDD to work with the backup manager..
    or am I mixin things up here..??

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Osirisx View Post
    like the loading of game dumps over some type of Free NAS software ?
    That's what I'm looking for! Transferring game files over a network to internal PS3HDD would be really nice. I'm sure it will come by hopefully sooner rather than later!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Osirisx View Post
    like the loading of game dumps over some type of Free NAS software ?
    Yes, I think that's what he's after, and I'm sure it'll happen soon enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Deviouz View Post
    so is this correct.. when you use the backup manager on a jailbroken ps3 to dump a game to your usb HDD its decrypts the eboot.bin..??

but on all the PS3 ISO rips on the interwebz the eboot.bin is encrypted..?? so all we need to do is just replace the encrypted eboot.bin inside the iso with the decrypted one and the ISO can be extracted to your usb HDD to work with the backup manager..
    or am I mixin things up here..??
    In theory, yes. In practice, I don't think anyone has actually done this yet.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Diverge View Post
    I'm going to assume an eboot.bin is a small file. If so, we can just start collecting decrypted eboot.bin for various games.
    dude you just stole my words, great idea if eboot.bin is the only encrypted file in a game.

Quote Originally Posted by Yngwiedis View Post
    You dont need ISO2BJ at all.

Just extract the files from ISO with any compatible program.
    This won't work! If all these other methods don't work then just using a program like WINRAR/WINZIP or ISOBuster/UltraISO to extract game files isn't going to help.
    Last edited by tonybologna; 09-02-2010 at 10:36 PM

If you make a game dump with PSJB and then you transfer it to your PC and make it ISO format with some program (Power ISO, Ultra ISO etc), if you want to extract it YOU DONT NEED ISO2JB for the extraction. All the compatible programs make the same job like ISO2JB.

ISO2JB is useless. You can use it only if you need a plain ISO extractor software. You understand now ?
    Last edited by Yngwiedis; 09-02-2010 at 10:50 PM

That may be true but this is about getting actual downloaded ISO game files to work. Nothing to do with actual PSJailbreak game dumps. We already know actual rips from PSJailbreak games work from Backup Manager.

I think most true computer/gamers know that in ISO format you wouldn't need to use the ISO2JB program to extract the game files. The only ones that probably wouldn't know how to do this is the newbie computer people. Thanks!

But we said that the ISO2JB "method" is now working. Eboot.bin files are encrypted, and only the PSJB dumping method can decrypted them.

Thats why i said to gregl for his phrase "after using this iso2jb program" that he dont need it at all.

OK now ?
    Last edited by Yngwiedis; 09-02-2010 at 11:14 PM

Working? I don't see any post that confirms this as "working". I know there's chat about injecting the EBoot.bin decrytped files but I see no confirmation this has worked or is working. If there is then please show me differently. It does make sense but I see no proof unless I missed something.

Stupid typo error. I mean is NOT working.

The procedure will be in this order :

Step 1. Take an "old" game ISO file.
    Step 2. Extract the ISO with any compatible program in your PC.
    Step 3. Delete the included Eboot.bin
    Step 4. Take the PSJB dumped Eboot.bin from the same game.
    Step 5. Transfer the game to your External HDD.
    Step 6. Plug the External HDD to your PS3 and Play !!
    Step 7. (Optional) Recreate the ISO with the "new" Eboot.bin and keep it somewhere for archive purposes.

So the conclusion is that you don't need ISO2JB at all !!!
    Last edited by Yngwiedis; 09-02-2010 at 11:24 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News