Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ragnar View Post
    or just maybe, there is some magical place that exists where you can "gasp" RENT GAMES! WOULDN"T THAT BE AWESOME IF THIS PLACE EXSISTED.

lol.
    Problem is, it seems most people on here don't want to spend ANY money on games now. everyone's screaming "when can I jailbreak with android/iphone/pc?" and "where can I download ps3 games?"

I just spent $30 for a Teensy++2.0 and games will cost $5 max to rent. 1 game and I've saved $25. every one after that I save $55. What are these tightasses gonna do when they have to buy a 1/1.5/2 TB hard drive to save all these "free" games on?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by peshkohacka View Post
    That's probably the useless piece of software ever written, i mean how hard is to use any ISO manager, or archive, or even command line tool. Honestly why do anyone would use this? On a side note: why someone would release a Rip as ISO in first place?
    Because until about two weeks ago we could rip to ISO from OtherOS, and PSJailbreak / Manager didn't exist in the wild?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    It would seem like backup manager itself decrypts the eboot.bin as the file is dumped to the drive since playing an OLD Other OS dumped ISO doesn't work meaning it's not decrypting on the fly. Can't someone just reverse engineer the backup manager decrypt part of the code?

Quote Originally Posted by Donstil View Post
    Yes it can be. I am living in the netherlands and here we got 120/20 at home.
    same here 100mbit fiber or 100mbit cable. it's pretty common in any larger european city i guess...

Quote Originally Posted by silentcircuit View Post
    Because until about two weeks ago we could rip to ISO from OtherOS, and PSJailbreak / Manager didn't exist in the wild?
    The files in every "scene" release are encrypted, i really highly doubt that this program have the keys, or the algo to decrypt the files.

Quote Originally Posted by doorman View Post
    It would seem like backup manager itself decrypts the eboot.bin as the file is dumped to the drive since playing an OLD Other OS dumped ISO doesn't work meaning it's not decrypting on the fly. Can't someone just reverse engineer the backup manager decrypt part of the code?
    IDK know much about on how a PS3 works (specially because i don't own one ), but from what i understand, no one knows how to encrypt/decrypt the eboot.bin files - not even backup manager. What i believe that backup manager does is something like this:

lv2: Sends the encrypted eboot.bin to a PPU
    PPU: does basic initialization
    PPU: requests SPU to start up in isolation mode
    SPU: decrypts lv0 and puts in somewhere PPU can access it
    PPU: waits for SPU to finish decrypting lv0
    PPU: executes decrypted lv0 code
    PPU: lv0 sends message to still running metldr SPU to decrypt lv1
    SPU: decrypts lv1 and puts in somewhere PPU can access it
    PPU: waits for SPU to finish decrypting lv1
    PPU: executes decrypted lv1 code
    PPU: lv1 sends message to still running metldr SPU to decrypt lv2
    SPU: decrypts lv2 and puts in somewhere PPU can access it
    PPU: waits for SPU to finish decrypting lv2
    PPU: executes decrypted lv2 code

So, in reality, backup manager isn't doing any decryption, but rather grabbing the already decrypted eboot.bin from somewhere on memory/hdd.

to decrypt (or encrypt) i believe that you would need to know the hardware root keys, which is something that no one knows and probably will never know.

Sponsored Links

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News