Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Results 81 to 90 of 163



  1. #81
    Contributor classa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    31
    Sponsored Links

    Thumbs Down

    Sponsored Links
    This is the biggest load of bull to hit the PS3 scene since Sony were talking crap.. If this person claims to have a loader why don't they release it. I'll tell you why it is such a load of BS. They would be dying to relase it to claim bragging rights before anyone else or other group relased thiers. I bet you any money the only loader we see is from paradox or some other scene group and not from this person. These videos could have easily been edited. Also when she (he, tell by the hands) switches the game off in video 2 it goes to the loader screen. If i am not mistaken wouldn't the PS3 boot back to the XMB or power off and not the bull crap loader screen.

  2. #82
    Registered User Dixxhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    42
    Sponsored Links

    Question How does that OtherOS-thingy generally work?

    Sponsored Links
    I have a question regarding exactly the fact that it goes back to the loader. Basically, how does this thing with the OtherOS work? It seems the loader is basically an OS. Naoneo basically selects it as the prefered OS and then reboots the console.

    That's where the Ferrox Loader boots and after quitting a game it still goes back to the Loader; but now to my question: How is it possible to get back to the original GameOS then? Is there some Keys that are needed to be held down or something? How is this with Linux? I wouldn't like to give up on the whole GameOS just to load up isos...

    (Sorry if this has already been asked, but I couldn't find the answer to this question yet...)

  3. #83
    Registered User RIPsta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    1
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Dixxhead View Post
    How is it possible to get back to the original GameOS then? Is there some Keys that are needed to be held down or something? How is this with Linux? I wouldn't like to give up on the whole GameOS just to load up isos...
    You can get back to it just the same way as you would from Linux. Holding the power down for 5 seconds resets the default to PS3 OS.

  4. #84
    Registered User Rami2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    18
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    guys it seems real but I am out of luck today
    coz I missed video #2

  5. #85
    Registered User Dixxhead's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Posts
    42
    Quote Originally Posted by RIPsta View Post
    You can get back to it just the same way as you would from Linux. Holding the power down for 5 seconds resets the default to PS3 OS.
    Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to know

  6. #86
    Contributor internetfloozy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    87
    I know its possible that the person showing the loader working could have 2 TVs, but did you notice the TV in the PIP is an LG just like the one the loader is running on. Yet, the TV in the background of the PIP stays on a blue screen the entire time.

  7. #87
    Registered User djhcg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    1
    The 2nd video looks real! Im lookin' forward to the release!!

  8. #88
    Registered User kutibah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    33
    Quote Originally Posted by classa View Post
    This is the biggest load of bull to hit the PS3 scene since Sony were talking crap.. If this person claims to have a loader why don't they release it. I'll tell you why it is such a load of BS. They would be dying to relase it to claim bragging rights before anyone else or other group relased thiers. I bet you any money the only loader we see is from paradox or some other scene group and not from this person. These videos could have easily been edited. Also when she (he, tell by the hands) switches the game off in video 2 it goes to the loader screen. If i am not mistaken wouldn't the PS3 boot back to the XMB or power off and not the bull crap loader screen.
    She has already said she isn't interested in releasing it. Her main goal was to show Sony the exploit and to see Pardox's response. I doubt she ever will release it herself because she cares less about her "e-fame".

  9. #89
    Registered User saccorator's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8

    Wink

    Quote Originally Posted by kutibah View Post
    She has already said she isn't interested in releasing it.
    Boooooo! If that is the case, then I am not updating until Paradox says it is ok. If she was to release hers with proof that it will work on 1.5/1.5.1/1.5.2 then I would update in a heartbeat. I guess we will anxiously await for D-day.

  10. #90
    Registered User Phreak47's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    64
    Bottom line is this: Something will get released by someone. Proof of concept is always good no matter what this particular person decides to do.

    I was wondering about that Resistance: FOM slowdown. As we all know, when you boot to "Other OS", the PS3 cripples itself in several ways for security. Obviously, some of this has been circumvented... but I wonder if the slowdown is due to some kind of less-than-perfect workaround? Who knows... time will tell.

 

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News