Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ...1. at a loss

...2. while they won't make enough for launch in Europe to begin with (Just an educated guess based on the past).... doesn't seem like much of a strategy to me

"Let me continue to pay my customers for buying PS3 even though in another 6 month I would make a profit, should they had waited" - Sony?!? Hacked2123 says I think not.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Honestly I'm like many, a nonbeliever until something is released. But one question, if it's not a real loader how would you even get Resistance to run so crappy? I mean obviously if you were just straight running it off the blu-ray it wouldn't do that.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The video was the crappy part. Resistance looked better on there then the disc. I have never seen it load a level that fast. Loading iso's to me on ps3 looks real. I just don't like where this girl is bringing the scene.

This person isn't doing anything harmful nor bad to the scene. Without people like this, 99% of you would sit there making up absurd suggestions about possible exploits that just sound silly and would never work.

These people that so many of you bash (Paradox, naoneo) have actually gotten their hands dirty and have DONE something thats useful and will contribute to the scene itself.

*Sigh*

Tired of all the "arm chair QB's" these days.

So sony is making something in loss for our own good.... gee thanks sony..... come on they dont lose a peny from ps3 hardware they lose from marketing and supporting it. Grow up and dont eat all this every marketer serves you. If you look at their marketing plan the project about consoles is to ship millions. So since sony is burning money on every marketing idiot they have etc is easy to see that all that add up to the final ps3 price. I cant tell you more but talking with one sony seller he admited that all the others is clueless from people who dont know the industry, dont eat everything they serve you. THEY MAKE MONEY FROM THE CONSOLE AND from royalties in games and they lose money when they marketing it. And since its a new product THEY will loose money in the beginning.

The scene is full of lamers who pretend to be hackers trying to gain money or fame and not wisdom. Try to ask some respected groups if you can and you will see the truth. Also they remaing legends and the true hackers share wisdom not videos among them and they dont work for $ony or any other company. THEY dont get NDA from them nor they report to them nor they release their work in the net were you are downloading your warez. Come on guys think better and watch for their "paid promotions" of everything $ony.

Quote Originally Posted by special View Post
    ...come on they dont lose a peny from ps3 hardware they lose from marketing and supporting it. Grow up and dont eat all this every marketer serves you....

..I cant tell you more but talking with one sony seller he admited that all the others is clueless from people who dont know the industry, dont eat everything they serve you.
    How can I put this without coming off as a flamer....

You don't know a damn thing.

You clearly don't understand the strategy. Sony sells the console at less than the production cost in an effort to gain a significant share of the market. It's the same strategy they implemented with the PS2.. which initially sold at a loss before making up its profits with the sale of software in following years.

Sony also did this with the PSP. Furthermore, the Xbox 360 was also reported to have been released at a loss, rumoured to be at least US $126 per console.

The Nintendo Wii is the only system out of the three "next-gen" machines that was profitable from day one.

..I cant tell you more but talking with one sony seller he admited that all the others is clueless from people who dont know the industry, dont eat everything they serve you.
    Follow your own advice next time

Quote Originally Posted by Ephemeris View Post
    How can I put this without coming off as a flamer....
    Well yes i will follow your word but since you know better maths and info from me just check out the price difference from the usa release and the european release and maybe you will understand when sony lose money or not. Also the production isn`t done by sony only, especially in the chip content delivered by others. It`s a bit complex but don`t look the tree look the forest behind it and you will have some idea for the speculations about the price of ps3 unit.

Since you prefer to believe that sony is loosing the no problem with me i dont like starting a flame but just think first what i have told you of which i dont deserve the credit since the scee friend told me when he delivered 2 playstations to me for christmas. If you dont believe me then i may have to take a video to show you the truth of the 2 ps3 :-)

If these loaders are loaded under the Other OS, can Linux still be installed? Can 2 Other OS's be installed at once?

Special and Ephemeris
    Sony is losing money in production and sales,
    Sony did airlift it to the US, it did lose money on shipping/handling (The system is really heavy),
    Sony strategy by doing this, is gaining control over the consule war (slowly),
    Sony is also pushing it's blue-ray by doing this as well,
    Sony will innevitable make a profit off game sales b/c of the number of system's already sold (even if they don't sell anyone more),
    THIS ISO LOADER IS NOT MARKETING, IT DOESN'T MAKE ANYONE BUY PS3, NO USING MEANS NO INTIATIVE
    Quote Originally Posted by mfr122887 View Post
    If these loaders are loaded under the Other OS, can Linux still be installed? Can 2 Other OS's be installed at once?
    According to this bootloader no, but if the coder is good enough, which they will be, from the boot loader---since it is on an Ext2-partition---you will be able to boot to Linux (kinda like XBOX boots to DSL...but better)
    Can't to make some good homebrew...no lie
    Can't to make some good homebrew...no lie
    Can't wait to make some good homebrew...no lie---sorry about that

Quote Originally Posted by hacked2123 View Post
    Special and Ephemeris
    Sony is losing money in production and sales,
    Sony did airlift it to the US, it did lose money on shipping/handling (The system is really heavy),
    Sony strategy by doing this, is gaining control over the consule war (slowly),
    Sony is also pushing it's blue-ray by doing this as well,
    Sony will innevitable make a profit off game sales b/c of the number of system's already sold (even if they don't sell anyone more),
    Exactly.

Since you prefer to believe that sony is loosing the no problem with me i dont like starting a flame but just think first what i have told you of which i dont deserve the credit since the scee friend told me when he delivered 2 playstations to me for christmas. If you dont believe me then i may have to take a video to show you the truth of the 2 ps3 :-)
    You're fortunate when your "friend from SCEE" delivered those two units when he did. When the PSP came out, some Sony execs had to import them from liksang.

To believe that I'd have to see a video of him handing you the units, two forms of government ID, a valid SCEE security card, a police officer there to verify the whole thing, four or five of my buddies and PS3News' head moderator taking notes, and the rep's grandmother to confirm his identity. Words are meaningless. I could show you pictures of my PSWII60 setup and claim I got them from winning a bear wrestling contest.

Those bears can be tricky. The key to victory is determination.

You could continue to accept whatever you are told instead of doing the research for yourself. Not that you should. Lack of knowledge is one thing. Ignorance is another.

But hey. I understand that you're just... "special".

Sponsored Links
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News