Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    Guys... just to keep this thread on course:

I spoke with PDX three minutes ago... they 100% confirmed for me that NO Swap Magic, HDAdvance, ARMax, or any other 'swap' method or idea is involved at all. Let's move past these ideas guys... to other areas.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just thinking here... Is it possible to adjust a musicfile to run some other code ?

If there are ps2 games out there which use your own background music (which there are) ingame.

Thinking somewhat further i came across this review..

"I know some of you may be wondering if burned CDRs, as opposed to official albums, will work with Dance Factory. This was one of my foremost fears before playing as I buy a great deal of music on iTunes. I’m pleased to say it will recognize any format – official or burned."

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    So guys, a thought just came to me. Maybe the exploit uses how the PS3 saves or accesses PS1/PS2 game saves which would make since why it was patched via a firmware update (1.54). Game saves afterall are usually the only files that a game uses that is not on the disk. It's either that or perhaps a game specific game save hack. Just a thought.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Since the PAL PS3 emulates the PS2 processor, the PS2 emulator application would need to be locked down so it doesn't have access to the whole PS3, I'm guessing this is the wall Parradox have hit, so I'm thinking there are probably other holes. Can someone add to this list of methods for installing / running code on the PS3, maybe we are looking in the wrong place...

blu-ray disk
    .pkg file via store
    ps3updat.pup file via store
    .pup file via usb /ps3/update/ps3updat.pup
    .pup file via disk
    otheros.self via usb /ps3/otheros/otheros.self
    otheros.bld via usb /ps3/otheros/otheros.bld

are there any other /ps3/ folders on usb that are recognised?

removing the drive and mounting it on another OS and installing files directly

There is a PS2 system file which gives access to a virtual PS2 hard drive that can be installed via .pkg from the store

Quote Originally Posted by evilsperm View Post
    I'll throw out an old sko0 PS2 sploit that (YES) still works on the slimline PS2 v12-14, the PS2 Independence Exploit.
    Tried it already before the 1.60 update and the action replay would not load. I was thinkin the same thing because then we could just load off the virtual memory card in the PS3. IF there would just be some way to access the PS3 HD, then we could put the exploit in the virtual memory card folder instead of using action replay.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche89 View Post
    So guys, a thought just came to me. Maybe the exploit uses how the PS3 saves or accesses PS1/PS2 game saves which would make since why it was patched via a firmware update (1.54). Game saves afterall are usually the only files that a game uses that is not on the disk. It's either that or perhaps a game specific game save hack. Just a thought.
    You are probably right about the game saves, after all they are the only way we are going to be able to load external information into the PS2 area without using a "swap magic". Maybe the action replay elf's work off a PS2 memory card...and we can put what ever we want there. We can easily edit the memory card save states as well.

BTW to get those SDK's mentioned in the post after mine... you have to register with IBM. When I attempted to register a couple nights ago. It gave me an error. I have another link. Will post it when I find it.

Quote Originally Posted by Avalanche89 View Post
    Already mentioned by user Downloads2k5 on page 2

This page has a nice overview of the security architecture for those who think graphically:

[Register or Login to view links]

Quote Originally Posted by Ps3Rips View Post
    PS - PDX - please do an update of ShootYourLoad ps3 style lol - any people who have been part of the console scene 10years plus will remember it.
    I am sure it will make them smile indeed!

[Register or Login to view links]

Here is where you can find cell program's from pre-YDL, to YDL launch, to Cell BE SDK 1.1, and to Cell BE SDK 2.0. The homepage is in Japanese though.

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast