Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hi guys,

i have been able to play WITHOUT PROBLEMS a psx game, yes, we are near ps3. The ps2 engines works like linux on the ps3. The xmb is ALWAYS working, but in a second way.Linux works with xmb behind, or that is what is seems from my tests. I have seen, the system reads the type of image and sends info to the ps2 processor or to the cell, depending in the info of the image. While this is working, the xmb is still ON. I have tested ps1 games in both JAP, USA, and EU consoles. The time has been a little fixed, 10 minutes, yeah i know only 5 minutes less, but that is something. My friends are going to continue working on the Psx and ps2 games. I am actually working on the Ps3 games and listen guys, run the proxyserver when you like, so you dont need to update. So as i can see the big BUGS are in linux and the Xmb. Well nothing more.

Bye Bye.

PS>ps1 and ps2 games can only run on their same region, but wait my friends, wait...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Just two questions for you Hackobell when you feel like answering them.

1) You were saying earlier about how you're using a personally tweaked out Fedora Core Linux. If you got this method of yours timed down to something reasonable and fully working all around, would us, the end users, need Fedora Core Linux, or would a small Linux build be put out there for us.

2) It somewhat sounds like you've overcome the 4GB img/iso limit on the filesystem since you were using FAT32. Are you still using FAT32 or is the XMB playing nice nice w/ a better filesystem?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Tsusai View Post
    2) It somewhat sounds like you've overcome the 4GB img/iso limit on the filesystem since you were using FAT32. Are you still using FAT32 or is the XMB playing nice nice w/ a better filesystem?
    I think i can answer this one. If his using linux as he says, and the XMB is running in the back, and what he's doing is just mount an image of a game/movie, then the 4GB limit is over because linux supports hundreds of file systems and allot of them don't have that file size problem.

Quote Originally Posted by r3pek View Post
    I think i can answer this one. If his using linux as he says, and the XMB is running in the back, and what he's doing is just mount an image of a game/movie, then the 4GB limit is over because linux supports hundreds of file systems and allot of them don't have that file size problem.
    yes, but the XMB only supports FAT32 filesystem, which only supports 4GB images. He doesnt need 4GB though for a pSX game thats why it is working

Quote Originally Posted by Flexjlh View Post
    yes.. I too been trying to do the same thing.. How are you mounting the PS2 img? Ive tried to do it through my external hdd, but if I am understanding you correctly.. since the XMB is always running in the back... If I mount my Image to the CD drive and restart in XMB I will have a working ISO? is that so or am I way off... hot... cold... warm?
    I believe if you boot to XMB by restart, all changes done while in linux become null and void. He clearly stated that he had to crash the linux which since the xmb is in the background, it comes foreward, without proper linux shutdown. I also believe that you would have to have some special mounting, since crashing linux might disrupt what linux disc mounters usually use. All in theory to context.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackobell View Post
    Linux works with xmb behind, or that is what is seems from my tests.
    As far as I recall, the XMB always runs no matter what you do. One of the cells is constantly used for the XMB and a portion of the memory is constantly used for the XMB

Maybe that what PDX hinted about with one of the nfo's
    We suggest why not have a look in multiple SPEs? Since they use shared memory for tasks! couldn't there be a bug in that part? and what about LS size limitation? Enough for now!
    maybe mounting an iso then finding a way to switch to the XMB without crashing linux?

i've been thinking.... If the XMB is always running, can we use the tip PDX gave us (about SPEs and shared stuff) to make it crash and enter some kind of debug mode? we can try and tamper with all the SPEs hoping that one of them it's running XMB's code. If we cause a corrupt data problem, maybe XMB will go into debug mode and still access all the already mounted cd images. What do you guys think?

Quote Originally Posted by BAMitUp View Post
    I believe if you boot to XMB by restart, all changes done while in linux become null and void. He clearly stated that he had to crash the linux which since the xmb is in the background, it comes foreward, without proper linux shutdown. I also believe that you would have to have some special mounting, since crashing linux might disrupt what linux disc mounters usually use. All in theory to context.
    The thing is, I rebooted last night my gentoo on the ps3 and first I saw that gentoo was unmounting the filesystems and the last line before I went to XMB was: "mounting some filsystems READ ONLY". I was searching in /etc/fstab, /etc/mtab, /proc/mount, ... but until now I only managed to mount a PS2 iso when gentoo start up.

Well guys, first of all thanks for your support. Then, im not working alone, im working with some real genious that are now working for you people on psx games and ps2 games. Actually, the info i have been saying is what i can give you, i have my reasons for this little info. First of all, i dont want any team to crash our project. Just say, be patient, i will be saying info every week, so you guys see how the project goes.

Bye bye.

Goodluck Hacobell! Looks like your onto a sweet hack! Take your time and as you say make it whinnie the pooh so the kids don't post how to make it work 50 times lol!!

Congrats on the find though! We are patiently waiting.

Sponsored Links

Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 LastLast