Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3News View Post
    ... but basically the PS3 Blu-ray DVD MX25L1005 Chip1 (128 KB (131,072 bytes)) has been extracted.
    With a modified BD Firmware it should be possible to run copies from BD-R or DVD-R Discs. Same method as on X360 - the disc authentification routines have to be rewritten.

[Register or Login to view links]

The MX25L1005 is an serial flash - can easily be reprogrammed with an simple SPI programmer.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I have installed RR7 onto the hard drive and used the original to boot it, IF you take out the original game then it happlily plays of the HD WITHOUT the need for the disc!. If there was a way for fooling the system into thinking an original disc was installed then maybe we could duplicate this and run 'certain' games of the HD!

Also pdx mention about the game header being important, does anyone have any further information on the game headers (is it justa matter of a hex edit on the iso or is there another way of reading and understanding the game header?)

@hackobell try psx games on a JAP machine! (which machine are u using?)

Sponsored Links

Exclamation

Sponsored Links
    Deleted another 10 useless posts... when will you people learn to keep this thread on topic?! We don't want you posting telling us you'd like to help, we're doing a good job, or other useless stuff. Only post specific INFO if you ARE helping. If you'd like to help, work on your own and then post your PROGRESS here to share with others.

Quote Originally Posted by HackITandC View Post
    I have installed RR7 onto the hard drive and used the original to boot it, IF you take out the original game then it happlily plays of the HD WITHOUT the need for the disc!. If there was a way for fooling the system into thinking an original disc was installed then maybe we could duplicate this and run 'certain' games of the HD
    HackITandC, could you give some more info on how you accomplished this like:

1- Are you running Linux on otherOS or just XMB?
    2- How did you install RR7 onto the hard drive?
    3- Can you see the RR7 file through the XMB and if so in what area do you see this?
    4- How did you boot the game up?
    5- At what point did you remove the game disk to continue play?

hi friend,

some games allow you to install them onto the HD (for faster loading etc), its all in the standard XMB and its nothing special. The interesting thing is the fact that the games will work fine one loaded and do not need a disc!! The game is installed into GAME/game data area. You can remove the game straight after its been loaded. Its nothing special its and actual option in the games. I'm just highlighting the fact that games CAN play off the HDD throught the XMB. So hopefully if we can piggy back this idea or duplicate it. Ie use the original game to boot BUT have another game installed on the H/D (but i think thats a long way off yet UNLESS we can work out the header information etc).

I'm actually just concentrating on bypassing the regions of ps2/ps3 games at the minute as i see this as an important part of any hack as well.

ok heres a great theory based on what hackITandC said.

some games are able to be installed on the HDD.. i'm willing to bet Ridge Racer isnt a PKG file on the BR-disc. instead there is some kind of configuration file. I'm wondering if anyone has attempted to install the game to the hard drive via the playstation store hack method. this could be usefull if we can crack the Config file on Ridge racer and isntall ANY game through the network. i did notice however last night after i downloaded the Armored core 4 or whatever demo, it said "installing to: Game" so Game is the folder we need to access and dump our backups into. im wondering if its possible through the playstation store hack.. with the ripped config file from ridge racer.

It is similar to PSP in alot of ways BUT then DIfferent in alot of ways also. To be honest ONCE we get past this stage then the whole PS3 will be ripped to shreds as everything else is pretty similar to PSP.

I am awaiting a jap ps2 game and hope to have some more news soon IF anything changes.

Have just installed ydl 5.0 (but am not focusing on that yet) I will try some thing on that also.

HackITandC, Hackobell, Mademan, I took the information from mademan and thought What if the f/w from the BR-dvd is the key? what if the ps3 is looking for the f/w of the brdvd and the dumped image of the game if there was some way to trick the ps3 to think that the disk is in the drive. we could try to create a virtual drive on the ps3 hdd that would look like the br-dvd in all aspects and all we need is a pointer in the xmb.. so we have savegame space no? a ps2 savegame hidden as a redirect to the hdd? which holds our installed images inside of another virtual space? has anyone thought of comparing all the Unique headers of the games? or config files are they specific or can we make a generic one..? and have we determined what is the difference between the image that installs and the origional is the hash the same?

Edit: CJPC will contact you shortly. Thanks! -Staff

Quote Originally Posted by b54 View Post
    With a modified BD Firmware it should be possible to run copies from BD-R or DVD-R Discs. Same method as on X360 - the disc authentification routines have to be rewritten.

[Register or Login to view links]

The MX25L1005 is an serial flash - can easily be reprogrammed with an simple SPI programmer.
    Very true this is what i needed lets see if we can rip this thing apart and find a weakness.. i also note that there is enough room to flash additional code too. However the top of page 12 since i cannot copy the text reads ..

"to exit hardware protected mode requires wp#driving high once the hardware protected mode is entered. If the wp# pin is permanently connected to high, the hardware protected mode can never be entered. Only can use software protected mode via Bp1, Bp0... lets hope theres a way around this.

Sponsored Links
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast