Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ok reading these posts i think the best idea is to use the otheros.self file to flash the Blu-ray drive or rom temporarily changing the driver to load a burned disc/ game. until the system is rebooted.. this way the drive can be "restored" to normal upon reboot without compromising the system.

Hey hackobell, i think there is a file in the ps3 blu ray games, that are sort of like an auto-run file on a pc disc. is that what you are trying to work on?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    For those asking YES, there is a big bug (like the one in men in black) in linux. With the bug you can put your ps3 in a semi DEV console so you can crash the system and go back to the Xmb with a image mounted. The problem is the ISO file, i have been able to mount a .bin file for a film without problem and also other things, that are just being tested...

Bye Bye.

PS>for all you guys up there, 1.6 has many bugs and also 1.32 and 1.51, have tested with all that versions.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Hackobell View Post
    PS>for all you guys up there, 1.6 has many bugs and also 1.32 and 1.51, have tested with all that versions.
    Good progress! Let me see: The problem is the TYPE of the image disc (ISO) but the BIN goes normal. That's right? or the content of the image is the problem, ex: If you try to mount a AUDIO-CD, it works too?

sorry for my poor english, i can help too!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    The bug i have found is made through linux. I mount a image in linux, and then crash all the system, and take the ps3 to a dev mode in the XMB. Actually i cant say more, i have my reasons. I dont want to convince anyone, im just talking about what i am doing, better than saying just some words in NFO files. And yes, i will make a tutorial about the film loader, but first i have to try to fix the time {15 minutes}, and make some Winnie the Pooh interface, or something like that.

Bye bye.

PS> dont call me stupid, but i didnt came up with the audio cd. AUTO OWNED. I was just thinking in movies and games jajaja.

2nd PS> skrapps you are going on the correct way.
    Last edited by Hackobell; 04-05-2007 at 05:45 PM

Hackobell, sounds like you are making very good progress. Since you said you are able to play a bin movie file, have you tried to convert a game iso into a bin file. I am using Poweriso right now to try this with fight Night iso and it will only take 18 minutes to convert to a bin file. I am on version 1.51 and am willing to test the fight night bin file if you need testers. Please keep up the good work and let me know if you would like me to test.

Well guys, i am very happy about my progress and the interest people are putting with my work, so i will anounce something real good. PSX GAMES ARE WORKING, not at a full way, i can only manage to get to the menu, then the system turns off. The dev xmb i have been able to launch is kind of a strange thing. For those asking what system i am using, i am using a modified fedora, homemade one.

Bye bye.

ps>and again, im not trying to convince anybody, just trying to give people what PDX havent yet.

2nd ps> sorry guys but time to sleep, im falling down. jeje.
    Last edited by Hackobell; 04-05-2007 at 07:26 PM

New Direction

Hackobell. your post is exactly where i pulled my idea from. has anyone tried accessing the flash area of the br-dvd? or extracting the flash? we could also assume (not for sure stab at the dark)that the br-dvd would use the same style/model pcb as the first release consumer br-dvd also from sony and possibly extrapolate the drivers from that no? sony releases a firmware update for their br-dvd player labeled 1.5 do you think it would be possible they used the same hardware seeing as they released around the same time.

if you check their driver set we could use linux to at least poll the flash and see if they are at least the same type of hardware... would be stupid to waste money on two completly different hardware boards? and expect them both to work? we could use that firmware and driver to create our BR_DVD clone or even custom firmware? i was also thinking that there was a gameshark back in the day hat allowed you to freeze a psone game to inject a hash value to give you more money etc... it plugged in to the psone ... but then psone is emulated...

i was also thinking that when you crash the linux distro (which client?) debian unbuntu fedora ydl? i believe if you can mount this drive and crash linux maybe we can get the xmb to recognize it as a drive or.. create a savegame with the ps2 or psone savegames like was mentioned and hide the virtual drive and redirect there?

Thumbs Up

Quote Originally Posted by H4rdWear View Post
    has anyone tried accessing the flash area of the br-dvd? or extracting the flash?
    This has been done, in part thus far. I will wait until the DEV posts in the PS3 DEV section further with it when he's ready, but basically the PS3 Blu-ray DVD MX25L1005 Chip1 (128 KB (131,072 bytes)) has been extracted. The second chip is a BGA and he has not been able to do that one just yet though. Both Top and Bottom (132 MB (138,412,032 bytes) each)) PS3 BiOS Chips are dumped as well... hopefully they will surface here soon too.

Quote Originally Posted by Hackobell View Post
    Well guys, i am very happy about my progress and the interest people are putting with my work, so i will anounce something real good. PSX GAMES ARE WORKING, not at a full way, i can only manage to get to the menu, then the system turns off. The dev xmb i have been able to launch is kind of a strange thing. For those asking what system i am using, i am using a modified fedora, homemade one.

Bye bye.

ps>and again, im not trying to convince anybody, just trying to give people what PDX havent yet.

2nd ps> sorry guys but time to sleep, im falling down. jeje.
    What kernel are you using?

Alrighty, been doing 15 minutes of thinking.

HackoBell, if what you are saying is 100% accurate, the crash you received is the crash the system got for a valid game with a failed media check. (Most likely) What you should try, is getting your hands on Fight Night: Round 3 and using BRDGen to remove some of the movie files (*.m2ts) till it is below 4GB.

Also, small chance, but you make be able to keep an image mounted on an Ext3 external drive because according to HanSooloo's HD analysis's (I believe) even the XMB is on an ext2/3. (And according to other records files over 4GB have been transferred to the XMB)

I suppose that's why I'm the self-proclaimed Thinker.

Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 21011121314 ... LastLast