Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Maybe my problem is the fat32. Will try another hdd with another system. Talking about the film loader nothing new, everythings is working very good, the problem is that all the process takes TOO LONG, 15 minutes.

Will try to reduce the time. Im actually trying to load the ps3 proxyserver bug in the same console. i am using the same method as for the film. It seems it is connected and loads up the ps3 store but only there, no websites, and it crashes all the ps3 in 10 minutes. :?? So many strange things. SONY what have you done with this system its scary

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    hackobell, you are having some good progress. I think if you didn't have a v1.60 ps2 you could possibly get a lot further?

What intrests me (and not a lot of people have discussed it), is the fact that you can play games WITHOUT updating firmware (according to pdx! so not sure if its true) but if some kind of hole would allow us to play even ORIGINAL games without updating out Firmware that would be great!!.

If somehow this firmware check IS bypassed then maybe that could even open the possibility of downgrading via a lower update file (as the ps3 seems to not know what firmware you have as it doesnt as the game to update?)

I'm surprised no one has mentioned before the fact that DISC updates are not needed to play games (according to pdx).

PS: I have a jap v1.32 firmware ps3, pls let me know if anyone wants me to test anything on it!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    @Hackobell What kind of crash are you talking? maybe if we know exactly how to crash linux back to XMB without unloading the iso, someone can code something.... including me. If it's kernel related, i'm pretty sure i can handle it.... :P

Quote Originally Posted by HackITandC View Post

I'm surprised no one has mentioned before the fact that DISC updates are not needed to play games (according to pdx).
    That'll change though.. the PS3 scene will go follow same route as PSP scene (hopefully quicker though, as the dev'er learned a lot fromt he PSP)

Only a matter of time before the games look for files in the firmware (prx file on PSP, don't know what they are on the PS3) that arent there on earlier firmwares (eg GTA liberty city stories on PSP, needed 2.0, but if you spoofed firmware version to 2.0 (which you could do with 1.5) it would just crash as it tried to access flash files that were only included in the 2.0 firmware)

Its a race to see if the dev's can hack the PS3 before this happens. A lot of people will make that choice, update to play the killer game instead of waiting.

Its already started, folding@home needs 1.6. Try to install it on 1.5 you just get an error even though PS3 thinks it doesnt need to update.

Quote Originally Posted by nai View Post
    Its already started, folding@home needs 1.6. Try to install it on 1.5 you just get an error even though PS3 thinks it doesnt need to update.
    I think this is only because folding@home is an integrated Menue-Item on 1.6

Applications on PS3 GameOS cannot create "Menue-Items"/"Desktop-Items" like on Windows, can they?

Sure. Why should a new Game rely on a new Firmware? The API is fixed, so they cannot change any interface. If they do, the old Games whon't run any more. As said, that's all some kind of "dummy file linking" etc. without any software technical upgrades.

Another point: on what Firmware/Model should we concentrate? 1.5, 1.54, 1.6? Japanese/American/Euro Model?

As the only EU-Model uses PS2 Emulation but the others never will do/have (as the PS2-Hardware cannot be shutdown).

Im looking for some information on how the PS2 hardware in the PS3 works. When you boot up a PS2 game it uses the hardware (which I assume is close to the same as the slim PS2) but the XMB is still accessable. When you end game using the XMB does the PS2 hardware simple shut down or is it in someway still accessable.

Is there any techical papers making its rounds yet or is everything still experimental?

Back to Basics

Just a thought remember the x-box firmware update to play burned games.. well there is firmware on the BR-DVD is there a way to aquire the f/w of the BR-DVD and allow it to be emulated as a virtual in an otheros.bld? or gain flash access to it? or tricking the ps3 into thinking it has 2 devices? and in the otheros.bld using a link to the image stored on the HDD through the gamesaves?

i dont know how the ps3 deals with the BR-DVD could that be it weak spot instead of running unsigned code could we add a virtual device to it? i repair pcb boards and electronics, and used to flash eeproms back in the day for satellite. I havent seen anyone post any details on this matter. just a thought...
    Keep up the good work everyone.

Hi guys. H4rdWear what i am workin on its similar to your idea. I have been able to unmount the original blue ray driver and mount my own driver with a .bin. Know i am working on the same things but with games, the problem is that they dont work like films. Read my other post to see how it works. And yes, we could extract the blue ray driver, but that is VERY very protected, so modifying that would be very difficult.

Bye bye.

PS>in a couple of days good news about ps1 games you know what i mean.

Quote Originally Posted by H4rdWear View Post
    Just a thought remember the x-box firmware update to play burned games.. well there is firmware on the BR-DVD is there a way to aquire the f/w of the BR-DVD and allow it to be emulated as a virtual in an otheros.bld? or gain flash access to it? or tricking the ps3 into thinking it has 2 devices? and in the otheros.bld using a link to the image stored on the HDD through the gamesaves?
    As far as I have seen, hacking the otheros.bld is not going to help because that just has access to the linux side of things. Maybe crashing it would open things up, but it seems that a custom otheros.self would be the better approach as it has been mentioned on here.

A custom drive firmware might help to bypass the disc checks, but I have not seen any progress in that area.

The XMB side of things has a 4GB limit, so I think that will also prevent the image from being saved in the game saves area (if we could even get something there).

hi guys, i have an idea, what if we create a virtual drive in linux, mount fn round 3 which is less than 4gb, then crash linux, would the game load when you go back to the xmb?
    WTF arco2662. Havent you read my other post. :?? You cant, i am working on what you are saying. The problem is not the size of the game, it is the image of the game. And also, things dont go crash linux and then MAGIC, there it is the iso file, it is far more complex.

Bye bye.

PS> read before posting someone else ideas.

Sponsored Links
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast