Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Internal HDD Encryption is Disabled by Graf Chokolo

Sponsored Links
    This weekend PlayStation 3 hacker Graf Chokolo has disabled the PS3 internal HDD encryption, opening the door to possibilities such as dual-boot PS3 Firmware and using the decrypted PS3 HDD in another console.

Download: ps3dm-utils GIT repository: git://git.dukio.com/ps3dm-utils.git / linux hv scripts GIT repository: git://git.dukio.com/linux_hv_scripts.git

To quote: Even without having a PS3 to work with, graf_chokolo is really active in distributing updates and fixes to his PS3 Linux gits. The latest one comes with an interesting update as you can see from his [Register or Login to view links] below. Maybe one step further to a dual boot PS3 FW?

Guys, take a look at "ps3dm_sm set_del_def_encdec_key" command. You can disable/enable virtual FLASH/internal HDD encryption with that And by patching HV process 9 (which sets ATA keys before loading GameOS) you can disable it permanently. It means you could swap your internal HDD and use it on another PS3. But you have to restore the content on it after disabling encryption because all data will be encrypted of course.

Soon i will implement ENCDEC device driver for PS3 Linux and you will be able to experiment with ATA encryption. ENCDEC device is responsible for VFLASH/HDD encryption on PS3.

For more details, see my HV page here: ps3devwiki.com/index.php?title=Hypervisor_Reverse_Engineering

ps3dm-utils GIT repository: git://git.dukio.com/ps3dm-utils.git

linux hv scripts GIT repository: git://git.dukio.com/linux_hv_scripts.git

And thanks to PS3 Linux fans who help me to test my ps3dm-utils Huge thanks to you guys. I can have fun with PS3 even without having one actually

And thanks to Dukio for his support with this blog and GIT repository.

PS3 Internal HDD Encryption is Disabled by Graf Chokolo

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Sweet work, Graf. Thanks for high your risk/reward endeavors.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Cheers for sharing the news Ecniv and +Rep!

this is amazing! Much appreciation Graf Chokolo!!! and thanks for sharing Ecniv!

Banned User
    Dual-boot would be one heck of a achievement if somebody could pull that one off. Very interesting.

This guys like an energizer bunny he keeps going and going and going... Good things are happening because of your efforts Graf so thanks you. While others are talking about what they could, should and won't do you deliver relevant information. So Kudos and Respect to you.

You just made my day

Sweet... Now this can change things. Much respect for your work Graf.

Good news Ecniv.

Dual booting 3.60 and 3.55 could be possible with this ?

Would this help to fix the 3.56 HDD issue?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast