Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Red Face

Sponsored Links
    noob here, i understood that the hack/dump needs otheros to be achieved and one day leading to some sort of homebrew, now for the ps3 slim, will the outcome of that hack be able to be used even though it lacks otheros?

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by korn16ftl3 View Post
    i assumed as much like i said thay know that many of us wont update would be nice to find something like the tiff exploit to load games without a FW update again if need be
    You know what they're mentionning too? Like in the 'Notices' section. The fifth bullet states: "This system software update includes all features contained in previous versions."

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Awesome news. Question: A debug PS3 is or is not keyed to the blu-ray drive ?

As I have two YLOD PS3 from ebay , which I have repaired but only to find the blu-ray drives are not keyed to the system board. I hate when that happens!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by waleed View Post
    noob here, i understood that the hack/dump needs otheros to be achieved and one day leading to some sort of homebrew, now for the ps3 slim, will the outcome of that hack be able to be used even though it lacks otheros?
    Maybe. ATM, it's really unclear what we can achieve with these dumps yet, besides having a way better understanding of how GameOS works. We know that with OtherOS, we can do some nice things (as Geohot showed, replacing some unencrypted files, RCOs, that are XMB layout/style localisation files)

Until some experienced devs takes a look at these dumps and/or reverse them, we pretty much just need to check PS3News oftenly

Great news coming in fast , i was think about selling/trading my 80gb motorstorm for a slim as i wasn't planning to update to remove feature, and i wanted to go online to play some cod4/codmw2, good thing i saw the tool to bypass it.

Great work guys , sony just add fuel to the fire with this downgrade !

well, i think the new FW sony put out was to remove otherOS only, i'm sure once they see this a new FW will come out soon and try to pervent users from useing CFW, like they might change some codes or something, i don't know lol.

Quote Originally Posted by waleed View Post
    We don't know IF or WHEN devs start looking into a solution for the Slim, but right now it looks like the only security holes sit in the OtherOS. I bet it will be needed to install the very first homebrew programs.

To install something through the XMB on an official Firmware, you'd need to run unsigned code, since Sony's HQ are the only ones who can sign code. Even if it's code from a professional developer.

As for OtherOS on the Slim: I don't know if the Slim models got stripped of the whole functionality or if it something simple as "OtherOS_label.Visible = false"
    Last edited by Raze1988; 04-03-2010 at 01:13 PM

Lightbulb

There are a few old games with security holes in the game saves, i'm sure will be able to use that to have CFW.

They took of OtherOS from the slim to cut the price, i'm sure the hackers can bring it back, all we need is the drivers.
    Last edited by cusy214; 04-03-2010 at 01:38 PM

What exactly does this do?

Woah! A lot of stuff going on in here. This is a GREAT community, everyone helping out everyone. I <3 it!

Keep up the great work people. I would help but I know NOTHING about this.

Sponsored Links

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News