Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Lvl2 is the GameOS side of the Ps3

Hopefully they share their method so the res of the devs can get doing their own dumps

Hey this is great development news. I have uploaded to uploadjockey, which has megaupload, rapidshare, hotfile, etc...

http://www.uploadjockey.com/download/1577233/lv2Dump.rar

hopefully they share their method so the rest of the devs can get doing their own dumps.

What's next (after lvl2?)

Question

Couldn't you start booting Linux and straight away make it allocate some memory at a predefined address to keep it from overwriting Lv2 in RAM?

Cool

Wow this guy just keeps going and going like the Energizer bunny!

Another update and dump! I won't make a separate thread for it tho but here it is, roughly translated:

http://jaicrab.blogspot.com/2010/04/ps3lv2.html

Good. Do not understand how a common theme can be a good side. It is not able to benefit everyone? Reconsider.

The above contains many waste dump and otheros session data. The important thing is the method used. It is not about "Cold-boot-attack", NO! . It is an attack and hot things are normal mixed.

In any case there is an area of 36 MB that theoretically it is unlikely that residual data is entered. Following on from 36 MB to mix the session with the session otheros XMB. How to debug this? Loading a minikernel, a small distribution of Linux and leave more memory intact and proceed to dump.

Next step? We are open to ALL countless projects. You can collect all SELF, dump the process of updating ...

I'm working on the explanation of the method, I promised you. Be not impatient

A second area DUMP only the "privilege" of 36 MB.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KDS62IC6

Pass: jaicrab.jaicrab
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    Wow this guy just keeps going and going like the Energizer bunny!
    Haha, the best freaking easter bunny yet

Quote Originally Posted by Mbb View Post
    What's next (after lvl2?)
    AFAIK lv2 manages the startup of our games (thus it's called GameOS). So now that we have it, we can search for methods to execute unsigned code.

And since Sony already tried to prevent us from digging deeper, I bet the devs will eventually find what they're looking for.

I can't seem to extract the files from that second dump getting the following errors:

! J:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\lv0lv1lv2_2.zip: Unknown method in lv0lv1lv2_2.bin
    ! J:\Documents and Settings\admin\Desktop\lv0lv1lv2_2.zip: No files to extract

either way keep up the dumps sony has dicked with us for the last time its time to show them us the consumer are the ones that are boss not them.

i'm just hoping what ever hack method comes up won't include opening my system or soldering anything thatll be really disappointing but what ever it takes to stick it to the man.
    Last edited by korn16ftl3; 04-03-2010 at 09:53 AM

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by korn16ftl3 View Post
    I can't seem to extract the files from that second dump getting the following errors:
    Ok i reuploaded this archive!

Delete password and archive By WINRAR

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EG1UIKMH

Enjoy!
    Specialy for you!

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast