Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    so all we need is now an CFW with an iso loader right? (i mean can we make an isoloader with this dumps?) and thanks for everyone who shares the everything they know with us!

Sponsored Links

Wink

Sponsored Links
    THE REAL BIG MOMENT now is... Dev team try return Retail PS3 to FULL DEBUG unit... then you don't need CFW becouse DEBUG FW already run UNSIGNED CODE!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    thanks for the reply, so we can play backups when its done right?

Registered User RadioactiveSoup's Avatar
    Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I can't believe how many people on his blog are flaming PS3News for criticizing him. Feeding his ego will not help move things forward. Until him and his monkey share what they know, the PS3 scene will suffer the same fate as the iPhone scene. Unless you start a wiki, right guys?

Just woke up this morning because of my twitter stating that the LvL2 is dumped..

Is it realy realy true?? because april fools is already 2 days gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Nishank View Post
    And @mathieulh even though the dump may not be complete they still managed to do something "ON THEIR OWN"... And this dump can be definitely improved if at all there's some problem. And i think that's more important.... You should be more of a helping hand rather than criticizing their work... I think we would be getting lots of updates now about the various vulnerabilities...
    Yep, I give it between a few days to a week before a "proper" LV2 dump is done and shared publically.

It's amazing how immature Mathieulh is though, and easy to see why GeoHot chose him as neither enjoy sharing with the PS3 community and prefer to act "elite" while half of the scene is laughing at them with the other half remaining in the dark.

If the people only knew what is in store for them though... I tell CJPC this often, sad but true. When Mathieulh (through one of his fictitious groups such as M33) finally ends up releasing something for PS3 end-users, the "rush" from all the users thanking him will be shortlived.

Just as he aided in crippling the PSP scene over the last year and a half, it won't be long before his attitude turns from "be sure to praise me" to "hey, I'm bored of this now" to "I'm against warez now" and finally to "you don't deserve this" and the releases will stop. Why bother in the first place, eh?

For those who don't know, this is why it's critical for such things as the HV dumps to be in the hands of many others, so that a single group doesn't 'control' the PS3 scene as they did with the PSP scene for so long.

The PS3 is a hobby, and while normal hobbyists are more than willing to freely exchange information with those in their field GeoHot and Mathieulh tend to only do it when they can show off and get attention. Way to represent, eh?

As for updates, if I guess right GeoHot will post a lot more of what he's done over the last six weeks soon (all we've seen is an RCO Edit pic since then) in a vain attempt to reclaim the limelight from JaicraB and DemonHades... and he will, but not with PS3 Devs unless he shares more than pictures and videos with no relevant details to go with them.

However, while GeoHot will be remembered years from now as doing some things "first" with the PS3, nicer folks like xorloser, JaicraB and DemonHades will be remembered as those who actually contributed most to public PlayStation 3 development.

ooh man!, look at Mathieulh and his update sounds so typical of him... lol this guy is original lmao!

Now everyone can examine it, those "50 doors leading to 50 more doors" won't seem so big. If everyone shares information and which direction of examination they've taken it will be much better.

Lightbulb

i think someone who can do this dump (i can't do) should try to update the retail ps3 to debug update and then see where he gets the error so after that he should dump the level2 immediately and find out what did ps3 look for when its updating before gets the error.

I do believe that warm boot attack was used to dump LV2. Now since some of the XMB content was overwritten by Linux, that means a more minimalist Linux is needed.

I mean the smallest Linux distro with Cell support will do the job better right?

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News