Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Quote Originally Posted by CodeKiller View Post
    If that would be so easy, many bank-accounts would have been hijacked. The SSL is not hack-proof, but serious pages uses comlex methods of validating connection. MITM have been known so many years now that it should not be an option.

However naive users can be fooled by page look-alikes but these cannot been certificated properly. (also possible malicious redirection...)
    Exactly although i have seen some great look-a-like facebook hi-jack pages lately lol.

Lightbulb

Possible key or ID of the BD Drive:

Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Lightbulb 8 SPU's?

I was going through the dump with a friend and found something interesting, It's probably been looked at before, but if it isn't then at least I can say I contributed something... lol.

Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

yes technically there are 8.. a lot of times in production one or more comes out not working.. so in order to increase production they just disable the broken one (if more than one is broken its a useless chip).. if all happen to work they still disable one... leaving 7.. one being the "isolated" spu used by the hypervisor, os functions and decryption (stuff sony doesn't want us to see).. leaving 6 for games..

Quote Originally Posted by Bulldogzz View Post
    try this for your 1.50 FW Issues:

Code:
    # UK
    Dest=87;CompatibleSystemSoftwareVersion=1.1500-;
    Dest=87;ImageVersion=0000a21e;SystemSoftwareVersion=1.1500;CDN=http://duk01.ps3.update.playstation.net/update/ps3/image/uk/2009_1210_54ee80e14e479f8351b988ab9a472042/PS3UPDAT.PUP;CDN_Timeout=30;
    Tried that before but in the meantiem I've found several posts in this forum confirming that Sony has changed something withing the login communication prohibiting sadly any pre 3.00 FW to logon anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by ekrboi View Post
    yes technically there are 8.. a lot of times in production one or more comes out not working.. so in order to increase production they just disable the broken one (if more than one is broken its a useless chip).. if all happen to work they still disable one... leaving 7.. one being the "isolated" spu used by the hypervisor, os functions and decryption (stuff sony doesn't want us to see).. leaving 6 for games..
    so if we manage to enable the disabled SPU does that mean games will use 7 SPU's instead? and if it makes games play at higher FPS.. i sure hope so

Banned User
    everyday i wake up and hoe that there is a thread in here "key found!"

but what i read here is similiar nice

good job guys go ahead with your work!!

Quote Originally Posted by livpool View Post
    so if we manage to enable the disabled SPU does that mean games will use 7 SPU's instead? and if it makes games play at higher FPS.. i sure hope so
    haha would be nice.. im pretty positive that its hardware disabled (on the chip itself) so i would say no way it would happen.. if it did it wouldnt be for the masses.. and would prob require some expensive hardware!

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314