Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHades View Post
    hi, is posible build a bld whith the ps3sdk,but the problem is the store dump file.

The sdk ps3 dont have include for mount and storage.

the best is using ethernet cable for dump,using a otheros whith it support but need included the exploit files

1saludo and yes that dump have parts linux,remember when rst don't volatilice the ram the old data mix with the new.
    Never checked what ps3sdk includes or not but a big problem is to not overwrite the memory too, if the memory remains clean in the switching process from xmb to linux then there is no trouble at storing it wherever you want, a removable device as an hdd, the network or whatelse...

Moreover I do not believe that's possible to boot linux onto a PS3 through the network as it were a PXE enabled machine, and even in that occurrence the NBP will be kicked onto RAM as it were loaded from the eeprom were our bootloader resides and this could be even more difficult to slide at the top of the memory.... but I'm sorry if I souldn't have understood what you meant...

However the smaller the kernel the bigger and cleaner the dump....same for the higher it's allocated (hopefully)..obviously a microkernel with network capability and able to let dd access a shared space onto remote would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by laggmaster View Post
    hmm... so if i understand what i've been reading right, the hypervisor dump that we got was polluted with linux code, the solution to this would be to try to rework the otheros bootstrap which would just dump the same data without the linux code mixed into it, this would require the bootstrap to load from somewhere in the memory after the 36mb of code that we actually want (possibly by moving the bootstraps load location to the hardware on a HWBC console), this should give us our golden key right?... well ok, a map to the golden key but you know what i'm saying.

another option is to figure out how to build an external chip, aka MODCHIP (i know everyone cringes at the mention as they require hardware modification but this dose too), that would somehow record and output all everything thats loaded into the ram or other chips be recoded and outputted to a computer. but this is a very complicated process and could take years.
    Or to find an assembler guru able to kick into the bootloder itself a piece of code that would dump the ram content somewhere before anything else... yup, please don't rocks at me... (just a bit of humor even if it's true..)
    Last edited by moneymaker; 04-04-2010 at 11:47 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHades View Post
    hi, is posible build a bld whith the ps3sdk,but the problem is the store dump file.

The sdk ps3 dont have include for mount and storage.

the best is using ethernet cable for dump,using a otheros whith it support but need included the exploit files

1saludo and yes that dump have parts linux,remember when rst don't volatilice the ram the old data mix with the new.
    You don't need the Sony SDK to build your own version of kboot / petitboot. Any current version of GCC will do. The sources can be found on Geoff's kernel.ork homepage and Git repository:

[Register or Login to view links]

petitboot is based on OpenWRT which is a small embedded Linux system for routers etc. - you could put the whole dump environment into the OpenWRT image and put that into the PS3s flash instead of kboot / petitboot. If you restrict this image to say the upper 32MB of RAM you might have a chance to get most of LV2 uncorrupted. Of course this assumes that the memmap kernel parameter does work on the PowerPC platform. I'll check that out later.

Also I don't think that it makes a difference whether you write the dump to HDD or stream it out over the network in this case.

Sponsored Links

Lightbulb

Sponsored Links
    here is an interesting idea ive been curious about might be way off but just an idea

the dump is recovered by keeping the RAM live during a reboot into linux/otherOS on the PS3 linux loads or performs some task to retreive the dump because something else is loaded linux pushes certin data off the ram to retreive the space to load or do what ever it needs to do there for we collect polluted data containing both linux and XMB OS data when dumping

so my idea is this can the infectus chip be used some how? i know it can acess the NAND but if the RAM is live on the system and the PS3 as a whole is off than why cant we use something like the infectus that has many uses and flashable for multiple things to connect to the RAM rather than the NAND and possibly altering an app for the infectus to read what is live while the PS3 is off via USB

i'm no genious but im just curious if this is some how possable i know the infectus connects to the NAND acording to the directions but from the instructions to other consoles its uded for its connected to a lot of other parts of diffrent machines

another option unshure how much flash memory that infectus has would it be possible to get the infectus chip to load some kind of linux to retreive the dump from the ram with out even having to start the PS3 in Other OS or to get the app that retrives the dump from the PS3 to run in a console through the infectus recovering the dump as the RAM is still live during the reboot and/or shut off process still containg the data that were trying to receive

these are just all ideas and speculation any constructive comments or explenations as to how it may or may not work would be kool im just speaking my mind atm and have no true knollage of how these things work or what might be involved in what i mention but its something thats already out there and is already supported as cross platform and for other uses allthough mostly NAND

Lightbulb

I know there has been customer linux loaders for otheros. Why not make a customer loader that just directly dumps the ram? Should be a very small footprint.

Quote Originally Posted by Keninishna View Post
    I know there has been customer linux loaders for otheros. Why not make a customer loader that just directly dumps the ram? Should be a very small footprint.
    When the console starts the secure-boot routine switches on the HV (aka VCC) I'm not sure if you perform the hack and then switch to xmb if the hack still keeps running, otherwise you have to fire it up again in order to access the whole memory, this makes not possible to dump the whole content of the ram without doing it with the HV in "open" mode, thus you have to boot even a minimal linux but you have to boot it if the hack shouldn't keep itself alive while switching from xmb to otheros, otherwise if the hack still runs in the switching process a code embedded into the bootloader could do the trick with the lesser amount of memory required.

Question

Is this not just runtime level 2/gameOS rather than say the actual kernel which you can load/dump via mtldr?

Quote Originally Posted by korn16ftl3 View Post
    so my idea is this can the infectus chip be used some how? i know it can acess the NAND but if the RAM is live on the system and the PS3 as a whole is off than why cant we use something like the infectus that has many uses and flashable for multiple things to connect to the RAM rather than the NAND and possibly altering an app for the infectus to read what is live while the PS3 is off via USB
    hmm i'm actually kinda surprised that someone has not used the infectus modchip to try and dump more things from the ps3... infact i haven't really seen much news about it on the net after it was released... i believe when it came out i read something about people writing custom code for it but i'm not sure

The Infectus can't be used here since the XDR bus protocol is unknown (unless you pay $$$ to Rambus) and it operates at several GHz signalling rate.

Also restricting the memory use of Linux doesn't guarantee that the LV2 memory doesn't get overwritten. This is because there's no way of telling where the HV allocates the memory for the Linux partition. So you can't do something like "tell linux only to use the upper 32 MiB of RAM". You could guess the memory location based on the LPAR documentation on ps2dev.org but it would be just that - a guess.

Also the memory that Linux uses is split up into two parts. At boot time the kernel sees 128 MiB while (up to) another 112 MiB is added later as hot-plug memory.

Big Grin gameOS dump

great news, i have this CECHG model!

Quote Originally Posted by sapperlott View Post
    The Infectus can't be used here since the XDR bus protocol is unknown (unless you pay $$$ to Rambus) and it operates at several GHz signalling rate.

Also restricting the memory use of Linux doesn't guarantee that the LV2 memory doesn't get overwritten. This is because there's no way of telling where the HV allocates the memory for the Linux partition. So you can't do something like "tell linux only to use the upper 32 MiB of RAM". You could guess the memory location based on the LPAR documentation on ps2dev.org but it would be just that - a guess.

Also the memory that Linux uses is split up into two parts. At boot time the kernel sees 128 MiB while (up to) another 112 MiB is added later as hot-plug memory.
    well what my idea from the infectus was based on was some way to read the ram being it still has poer and all all we need to figure out is a tool to read the ram and the pin out for where to connect such tool.

the reason i used the infectus as an example is it has an external USB port as well as external power how ever im unshure like i said of the hardware or what it would really take to retreive dump from a system ultimitly not loading the otheros kernal what so ever (i.e something that runs a linux kernal indepetently of the PS3 as the ram still contains the data and is still supplied with power kinda like using the xbox PSU to power the DVD rom during a CFW flash)

question tho what is an XDR bus?
    Last edited by korn16ftl3; 04-06-2010 at 05:50 AM

Sponsored Links
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News