Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    However, for any news - you will have a much better chance getting your post on the frontpage if you submit it here: http://www.ps3news.com/submit
    Not everyone can submit there posts since you need to be a registered user

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Believe it or not, at least by default (as in, no internal Sony firmware) a DECR can not use linux - so all the magic would have to occur from within the GameOS.
    Not hard to believe at all, this leaves the high-loaded supermicrokernel the better option, at this point I wonder if the 32MB of extra RAM in a fully HW/BC unit could be of some use....

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Mbb View Post
    Not everyone can submit there posts since you need to be a registered user
    One of the perks of making decent posts and having a good reputation - your account will get promoted.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraken View Post
    Having the method of dumping out there could allow people with different (older?) firmware versions to dump their firmware which could lead to the discovery of some security holes that $ony patched and that were never found.
    Oh yeh i fully understand that as being another benefit to having a tutorial on how it was done

When replying to the post I quoted though, they asked if any of the dev's understood how it could be done and then possibly recreate the process, where I wanted to point out that for dev's recreating the process would be unnecessary at this point unless they wish to try and experiment with other ways of finding an expolit but using this method of dumping the GameOS.

If people out there wish to recreate the process though, that is one of the bonus's of DemonHades and JaicraB sharing the method used

Also if someone does this on an older FW and discovers an exploit, then there's always the possibility of finding a way to downgrade and then use the exploit from there

Thumbs Up

Amazing progress guys !!!

From Rich's twitter:
    So.... where's lv2 in the recently leaked dump? I didn't spot a single hypercall in the entire dump. 0x44000022 <-- machine code | sc 1

Question

So is there hope for those that updated to 3.21?

really cool, is it any good results?

Is it a way to take "SPECIAL" USB and return to service mode?

wow, everyday a new dev progress, this was the ps3 scene i've dreamed about

keep up the great work!

Short of opening up the lv2 dump in a hex editor and looking at the strings, what is one supposed to do with it?

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News