Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I merged your post here, but to date nobody has been able to source 'RadioShack' parts to accomplish this so like most here you will probably be stuck ordering them online.

The good news is this will trigger the exploit the same as the more expensive methods, so you won't really be limited if you decide to go this route instead.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I merged your post here, but to date nobody has been able to source 'RadioShack' parts to accomplish this so like most here you will probably be stuck ordering them online.

The good news is this will trigger the exploit the same as the more expensive methods, so you won't really be limited if you decide to go this route instead.
    Ah, thanks.

The problem with ordering them online is, well, I do not have anyway to purchase products online. I have checked local, but I live in a pretty small area, and a programming shop is pretty low priority, and RadioShack is the only place that sells parts like that.

Oh well, I guess I will just wait for a softmod, assuming there ever will be one.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I hear ya... most people who don't have a real credit card they can use will either use PayPal or buy a disposible pre-paid credit card, or one of those overpriced "gift" Visa credit cards that can be used anywhere.

I am sure you have already thought of this though...

Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I hear ya... most people who don't have a real credit card they can use will either use PayPal or buy a disposible pre-paid credit card, or one of those overpriced "gift" Visa credit cards that can be used anywhere.

I am sure you have already thought of this though...
    Yeah, if I were to buy a prepaid card, I would be paying more, and at that point I would just take the parts off of old electronics... Would I be able to use an LTP port taken off an old computer or printer?

you can use even paper clip to connect to lpt-port (or alternatively i suggest to use old serial-port-header with the DB25 connector).. but come on, it so cheap, that even the money-transfer cost more money, than the components itself. But to be fair, the best way is to extract npn transistor with about the same spec (actually just the speed is important).

Just be very careful, as you can ruin your pc, ps3 or both!

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by AnAngryTaco View Post
    And could I find the parts at, like, RadioShack?
    Radio Shack has the 2N3904 transistor in stock. Catalog #: 276-2016 Cost 79 cents.

Link: [Register or Login to view links]

Alright, so would I do this the same way I would doing it Geohot's way?

And where can I buy the parallel/ltp1?

Lightbulb

Alright, so would I do this the same way I would doing it Geohot's way?

And where can I buy the parallel/ltp1?
    If you mean a connector - Radio Shack, digikey, jameco - pretty much any electronics supplier will have it for a few bucks. If you have an old parallel cable, you could map out the wires to the pins, and use that if needed!

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    If you mean a connector - Radio Shack, digikey, jameco - pretty much any electronics supplier will have it for a few bucks. If you have an old parallel cable, you could map out the wires to the pins, and use that if needed!
    I only have cords, and printers with parallel ports. No spare ports.

I only have cords, and printers with parallel ports. No spare ports.
    Your best bet may be to either get / build an old PC with a parallel port (even a old laptop would work) - or use a different (standalone) method to trigger it.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News