Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links

Cool

Sponsored Links
    heheh. Well done guys!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    My IDA Pro is ready to be used

Who already have the dump? I can't wait to get it..

Sponsored Links

Unhappy

Sponsored Links
    too bad i got ylod on my 60gig now i'm stuck with slim.

Great job CJPC, just wondering if you've been able to post back into the HV/LV1 memory?

Once the dumps have been fully investigated, my guess would be to try writing back some cool functions and see if they persist after a warm boot into XMB - but That's a ways of yet anyway i'd think! Would be fantastic if the keys could be bypassed

Anyway dissassembly is all a bit over my head so I wish you all the luck in the world and am looking forward to more good news

PS3 "the un-unhackable console" ?
    (don't you just love double negatives)

PSPSwampy.

Great job guys we are almost there!

Quote Originally Posted by PSPSwampy View Post
    Great job CJPC, just wondering if you've been able to post back into the HV/LV1 memory?
    Well, yeah data could be written back with the lv1_poke function (to write to memory) - however of course, you don't want to just start writing arbitrary data at random memory locations. It helps to dump the memory and then analyse said data first, before you go off and start writing to it!

Can you outline what the planned steps are at this point?

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    Can you outline what the planned steps are at this point?
    The only thing left that is planned is to release the HV dump code so others can get involved, examine it, reverse it and hopefully find some useful things to share with us and the scene as a result.

CJPC spent the last two weeks on this project primarily because some of the Devs who wanted to peek at it don't have the required hardware or money to dump their own, and as mentioned previously nobody else was sharing.

That said, CJPC now plans to let those who specialize in RE'ing begin their part on it so he can finally resume work on his own projects (PS3 TOOL, PS3 Service Mode, PS3 Debug Guide, etc).

Big, Big News!!! nice work m8

Quote Originally Posted by CJPC View Post
    Well, yeah data could be written back with the lv1_poke function (to write to memory) - however of course, you don't want to just start writing arbitrary data at random memory locations. It helps to dump the memory and then analyse said data first, before you go off and start writing to it!
    Yeah (D'oh!) just meant that i hoped it was easily possibly to do so once that work has been done. More to the point that the changes will stay resident in memory following a warm reboot - Not that this will help any normal users at this time, but at least will allow Devs with this hack further oppotunities

Or, you could see what would happen if you just wrote back a whole block of nothing - i'd love to see the result! lol (but then a blank screen probably wouldn't be that exciting now would it)

Sponsored Links
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News