Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ramensama View Post
    Last time i checked playing SNES games via an emulator is also pirating.
    Technically no - hence they don't retail those products anymore it becomes Abandonware (i mean Nintendo don't support it anymore). Besides if you own the cartridge (yeah so damn old) you have purchased the game and therefore would be allowed to use a "backup" of the game and play through an emulator.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ionbladez View Post
    There are Demos out on PSN. That's no excuse here, the demos they already offer are feature-rich and would indeed be good enough to "try before you buy".

imo, I hope they don't release a backup laucher. ISO, sure, but backup DVD launcher = no.
    I beg to differ. Demos are useless as they are. The last one to truly show anything interesting to me was that for infamous. I personally don't buy games I haven't pirated. Can't speak for everyone though.

Quote Originally Posted by gtxboyracer View Post
    Technically no - hence they don't retail those products anymore it becomes Abandonware (i mean Nintendo don't support it anymore). Besides if you own the cartridge (yeah so damn old) you have purchased the game and therefore would be allowed to use a "backup" of the game and play through an emulator.
    Most people actually own these cartridges then? This argument goes for ISO loaders as well. Why should you assume all those using the system for emulators own the disc whilst those using it for loading backups don't? Emulation is just piracy of old or same as piracy. Even just having the rom even if you have the real game is shaky.

[Register or Login to view links]

Sponsored Links

Thumbs Up

Sponsored Links
    Thanks for your work. I'm looking foward full linux on ps3. I have question full linux means linux like on 3.2Ghz proc pc, because now it so slowy.. and no 3D support. I keep my fingers crossed for you. Good luck!

Sorry for my english.
    Last edited by zloty; 02-14-2010 at 08:01 PM

Quote Originally Posted by gtxboyracer View Post
    Technically no - hence they don't retail those products anymore it becomes Abandonware (i mean Nintendo don't support it anymore).
    Actually, this is just an excuse that some people use to pretend that they aren't breaking copyright laws. Abandonware is just some made up hippie bs word that only serves as a softer euphemism for copyright infringement.

You might own the cartridges for all of the games you play, you might not. I won't judge because I don't really care if you do or not. Just admit that it's, at least in the eyes of the law, no different from someone downloading a game that came out last week.

On the actual subject of the PS3, I'm far more interested in just seeing it get cracked than anything else. This is all good progress, and I'm sure some of the things I'd like to see will come eventually.

Congrats/thanks to all of the devs involved. Interesting stuff.

lol well abandonware is just a term that pretty much means its either too old to be made again or the company that made it went under so no its not hippy term, just a term that is loosely used.

Quote Originally Posted by ionbladez View Post
    There are Demos out on PSN. That's no excuse here, the demos they already offer are feature-rich and would indeed be good enough to "try before you buy".

imo, I hope they don't release a backup laucher. ISO, sure, but backup DVD launcher = no.
    I completely disagree. I don't remember the last time I played a demo that gave any more than the slightest glimpse of what the game would be like. With demos that limited you could get just as much information from pictures or videos showing the game, which give next to no info at all.

Most games don't even have demos and the ones that do get them much after the game is already released, that alone somewhat defeats the purpose.

I hope the first thing that's accomplished is a backup loader. If they create something to run ISOs that's already a backup, I'd prefer that over having to burn a BD anyway.

I know what most of the guys here are keen on getting there hands on iso loaders , cfws but unfortunately to all those seeking for these iso loaders , cfws have to wait for couple of month actually 2 to 3 months so just be patient and let the DEVS examine and work on these dumps.

I'd say it's quite early to give that kind of estimated time to ISO loaders... Hell, we don't even have an Hello world as of now! I'm sure we we'll see one soon, but only then we will be able to discuss or dream about an ISO loader.

If I understood correctly, right now the dumps are being analyzed, compared, and reverse engineered. I assume it will take some time, even with 10Mb dumps (I don't think the size is quite relevant here by the way), and only once all this is done and a flaw is found we'll have an Hello world ready.

Once we have it, then it will be just as the Psp or Wii scene, a giant shower of Homebrews, from the most useful to the useless (and so needed ^^ )

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by Wonderkik View Post
    If I understood correctly, right now the dumps are being analyzed, compared, and reverse engineered. I assume it will take some time, even with 10Mb dumps (I don't think the size is quite relevant here by the way), and only once all this is done and a flaw is found we'll have an Hello world ready.
    That's providing that a hole is found..

Banned User
    hmm, someone where from Germany, near Berlin, who have a (drive) broken ps3 which can be used for trying to dump the stuff?

i have the possibility (microcontroller labor, and knowledge about asm, pulse sending, compiling etc) but no ps3 where i can test it =/

if someone from Berlin would help me, i could also try to get a dump our of the black box

Sponsored Links
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News