Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Even those who like to buy the actual games download the games to try them before buying, like a demo. But unfortunately that's not possible with the PS3... yet!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    I am one who definitely want the backup loader to run games off of my HD. You know how much money that will save a consumer? i have at least 50 ps3 games, countless number of blu-rays and most importantly 3 ps3's with a disk reading error.

One has been sent in to be fixed at 187 US dollars because as sony says "with the economy being down they were forced to implement their new 29 dollar shipping charge. Now honestly, i have the resources and brains to fix my lasers on my lonesome, but we are talking 3 60 gigs that i would rather have fixed by sony rather than me tearing the seal off only to wait another 3 months and have an unfixable ps3 on my hands that i wouldnt be able to send in to get fixed.

These guys are doing more than just allowing the mass to become "pirates", they are actually turning the tide and putting the consumer in control. With that rant said and done, i commend these guys for the incredible drive to even still be working on this machine for as long as they did and if they can save me money i am more than happy to help and do my part "however small that may be" by HV review, donations or whatever.

I was honestly thinking of buying a FGPA and somehow contacting cjpc to mail it to him. So thanks to the people involved and i will say the pressure you are under from the "people" wanting a miracle overnight must be ridiculous, so take your time, and do what you do best, and if there is anything i can do donation-wise im more than up to it. If your gonna save my hard earned cash from being pocketed by sony, i'm sure i can find some laying around to help out with the cause!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Gosh, we have to start new thread about everyone's opinion on using backup launchers

Big Grin

Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    Gosh, we have to start new thread about everyone's opinion on using backup launchers
    LOL you know my view of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Tidusnake666 View Post
    Not really, The #1 reason people want a game is to play online. scea knows this. I'm pretty sure they will implement disc ID's once again. the technology has been there since PS2, look at the Socom series, no matter what you did, you could not get online with a backup copy of it, even if you injected an ID into the file. so i think a lot of people will be disappointed. But then again thats just a opinion also...

Banned User
    i'm pretty sure that piracy won't effect the ps3 scene. sony will implent an account activation. that games have to be injected into the online acount and thats it, trought a disc key, injected into the online account and you have no problems.

you can play your games through hdd, and piracy will be only available for older games.

okay its a dream off me, but i will hope, i like backup launcher for saving the disc from beeing dmged, but i hate piracy. sony dont desreve to get kicked by piracy.

Quote Originally Posted by thinnpikkins View Post
    Not really, The #1 reason people want a game is to play online. scea knows this. I'm pretty sure they will implement disc ID's once again. the technology has been there since PS2, look at the Socom series, no matter what you did, you could not get online with a backup copy of it, even if you injected an ID into the file. so i think a lot of people will be disappointed. But then again thats just a opinion also...
    I somehow doubt that's the #1 reason. I don't even remember the last time I played a game online. I couldn't care less if I could never go online again with my PS3 once I finally get a chance to mod it.

Nice one. Next thing of interest would be a memory map of the HV area. Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by jabberosx View Post
    Oh you poor pirate you...!! tsk tsk.. shame on you. First thing you can think of is Pirating. I'm looking forward to the SNES emulator.. Great Stuff!!
    Last time i checked playing SNES games via an emulator is also pirating.

Quote Originally Posted by Neo Cyrus View Post
    Even those who like to buy the actual games download the games to try them before buying, like a demo. But unfortunately that's not possible with the PS3... yet!
    There are Demos out on PSN. That's no excuse here, the demos they already offer are feature-rich and would indeed be good enough to "try before you buy".

imo, I hope they don't release a backup laucher. ISO, sure, but backup DVD launcher = no.

Sponsored Links

Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ... 910111213 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News