Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by itwalksamongus View Post
    wow.. is the optical drive totally dead or will it read one format (ie CD/DVD) but not the other (BD)? Because you're the first person out of dozens with a broken drive to get anything other than dead rising 2 to work!!
    One of my ps3 has this problem, it will read dvd videos but not a single game. I haven't tried ye blu-ray video only dvd...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by ExMachinaRus View Post
    Well, I'm in the same situation. And if your ribbons are connected Ok - then we are in the same boat
    Hey, have you figured out how to get any homebrew to work? coz I don't want to give up trying to solve this.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by Gstar View Post
    Hey, have you figured out how to get any homebrew to work? coz I don't want to give up trying to solve this.
    As I said, all you can do now, is to buy new controller board, and replace nand memory to new board and hope, that you have original board with working nand.

Otherwise we should wait for special payload, or, as I hope, we hopefully will be able to Install linux with access to graphic chip, and just use it as a computer

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by ExMachinaRus View Post
    Otherwise we should wait for special payload, or, as I hope, we hopefully will be able to Install linux with access to graphic chip, and just use it as a computer
    Yes, I just read the news about AsBestOS. That is awesome! I hope it would give us access to the PS3 HDD, so we can edit or replace files.

Cant wait...

i too have 2 broke ps3's one with a drive board problem and one with a melted bga chip (i think i found the problem lol). this would be great if asbestos let us see lvl1 or use security spu to allow unpaired drives?

sooo, any way to run anything on ps3 with busted drive? i would really love to start contributing but i cant even get ftp to work and from what i have read i need ftp running to do any kind of dumps.. please someone correct me if i'm wrong? i really want to get into this stuff and am no noob when it comes to computers and electronics in general, not a wiz by any means but do know my way around. well keep us posted and any words of wisdom would be great, thanks
    Last edited by sykoNsc; 10-21-2010 at 09:27 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

I was another victim of an ebay offense and was sold a ps3 with a mismatch bd drive stills works but does notta (black screen)been doin my home work for over a year and im proud to see how close we have come but i am still stuck with my problem. if you really wanna help take your disc drive out then run tests and see what its really like to be less fortunate .

i too have a broken blu ray drive 40gb phat ps3 running fw 3.15, bd makes a clicking sound when a disk is entered, think its a faulty laser.

I have a teensy clone with a atmega32u2 chip which works with either the avrkey atmega32u2 16mhz or the teensy at90usb192 16mhz hex files for fw 3.15, i can install pkg files with no problems.

i cant run games from any backup manager unless i select direct boot in which three games out four i tried work, the fourth asks to update to fw 3.30

None of the games work if i mount them then run via app_home\ps3game, however, the one needing an update gets to this stage ie it asks to update which obviously i decline

i have tried the newest pl3 payload which gets me a little further with the fourth game in direct boot mode but then it throws out an error stating there is too little hdd space, in fact there was 10gb when it asked for 500 odd mb

are there any users out there with broken bd drives running fw 3.15 able to run anything requiring 3.30 or 3.41+?

my ps3 40gb faulty bd drive doesnt read disc of any kind but everything works, well almost i can:

install packages
    run all managers
    play most games off the hd excepted moh ( maybe i can get it to run with new pl3)
    play homebrew (snes)

running from my sansa c240 with rockbox psroove

and if your bd drive won't accept a disk, meaning you cant even insert it, go ahead and take it apart and spin the gears so it's in the game loaded position and it will now load homebrew well it did on this one dead ps3.

Sponsored Links
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News