Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Here you can see no disc is loaded and f1 runs as if it was avchd manager.
    Attached Thumbnails<br><br> Attached Thumbnails

DSC00231_sm.JPG  

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    You need to divide problems with controller board, and problems with laser/mechanism. So if drive not works or doesn't read disc it not necessarily means that is board is faulty/wrong. But if it is - no game will load, even Backup manager won't.
    Quote Originally Posted by itwalksamongus View Post
    But I can run apps, eg backup manager(s), all pkg's I have installed run fine. I just can't load any games off a HDD, like everyone else with a dead drive/lens.

So is my controller board ok?
    Well, if you can run backup manager - then your problem really strange. I assume you're problem is not controller board, try different payloads and games.
    Last edited by ExMachinaRus; 10-17-2010 at 05:59 PM

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    To all with broken laser/bluray drive:

1. Can you play official PSN demos?
    2. Does Backup manager load, but games dont?

It seems that the PS3 checks the bluray drive before launching any game or app. In that case, PSN demos shouldn't load as well... in theory.

What is the problem with my PS3?

I can insert and eject discs but nothing happens on screen, the blue disc indicator LED flashes when inserting and ejecting discs, and it stays on when a disc is in the drive. I can install pkg's but when I start any homebrew, I get a black screen and my PS3 freezes.

I have a 60GB fat PS3, a teensy 2.0 with PSGroove Hermes V3. I have tried the other payloads but I still get a black screen, when starting any homebrew.

What is the problem with my PS3?

Thanks.

Open your PS3 and check the cable connections between the BD and the board. I disassembled my PS3 because of an YLOD and found out that cables are quite sensitive.

I have the very same problem with the same symptoms. And I'm pretty sure that your problem IS controller board. It could be wrong (if you bought with this problem) or faulty. Try, as Dean said, to recheck connectors to the drive.

If your PS3 worked fine, and then broke - there is solution: you could buy new control board and then resolder nand chip. I've bought my PS3 by very low price, but I'm not sure either my board faulty or mismatch. So I wait for soft solution as now we could control syscalls and memory.

I bought the PS3 with the BD fault, because it was a cheaper option for me, as I cant afford a new PS3. When I got the PS3, I couldn't insert any discs in, as the BD didnt take them in. So I opened it up and the ribbon cable had been disconnected from the BD. I connected it back and now I can insert and eject discs, but it just doesn't display anything on screen. So I think the connections are ok, and im confused some members have working homebrew apps and games working, and their PS3 is sort of in the same state as my PS3 is in.

I hope someone makes a payload or something that will allow us to access the PS3 HDD.

Well, I'm in the same situation. And if your ribbons are connected Ok - then we are in the same boat
    Quote Originally Posted by Gstar View Post
    I bought the PS3 with the BD fault, because it was a cheaper option for me, as I cant afford a new PS3. When I got the PS3, I couldn't insert any discs in, as the BD didnt take them in. So I opened it up and the ribbon cable had been disconnected from the BD. I connected it back and now I can insert and eject discs, but it just doesn't display anything on screen. So I think the connections are ok, and im confused some members have working homebrew apps and games working, and their PS3 is sort of in the same state as my PS3 is in.

I hope someone makes a payload or something that will allow us to access the PS3 HDD.
    Well, I'm in the same situation. And if your ribbons are connected Ok - then we are in the same boat
    Last edited by ExMachinaRus; 10-17-2010 at 08:33 PM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Quote Originally Posted by Gstar View Post

Does it make any difference if you put CD, DVD or BD disc?

If you have a BD remote control - press the "EJECT" button and check if your PS3 will beep or eject the disc.

I'd suggest to check the cable again. It can have worn pins (it takes just 10 times to pull-out/put-in the cable to break it) - I had similar problems with the tiny ribbon cable for the eject/power buttons after just 3 disconnects.

Quote Originally Posted by deanrr View Post
    Does it make any difference if you put CD, DVD or BD disc?

If you have a BD remote control - press the "EJECT" button and check if your PS3 will beep or eject the disc.

I'd suggest to check the cable again. It can have worn pins (it takes just 10 times to pull-out/put-in the cable to break it) - I had similar problems with the tiny ribbon cable for the eject/power buttons after just 3 disconnects.
    I have tested CD's, DVD's and Blu-Ray discs but nothing plays. When I press the eject button on the PS3, it beeps and ejects the disc.

Sponsored Links

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - PS3 Forums - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2015 PlayStation 3 News