Following up on the initial
release, today PlayStation 3 homebrew developer Ole
has updated his MP3 & CDG file player to PS3 CDG Player r2 which now includes support for favorites.
Download: http://www.volny.cz/molej/ps3/cdg_player-ps3_r2.zip / http://www.volny.cz/molej/ps3/cdg_player-ps3_r2_src.zip
From the ReadMe file: CDG Player
CDG Player is a simple program for PS3 that plays mp3 files and displays graphics stored in cdg files. The format is used in many karaoke disks.
Program was compiled by psl1ght sdk ver. 1
- simple file selector
- mp3 and cdg playback
- PS3 ready to run homebrew programs
- CROSS - select a file or directory
- CIRCLE - go to parent directory
- SQUARE - exit the program
- L1 - add a file to favourites
- TRIANGLE - display favourites
- R1 - remove item from favourites
Q: does it play CD disks ?
A: no, use a ripping program to convert your CD to audio tracks in mp3 format
Q: does it play OGG, WAV, etc. (your favourite audio format) ?
A: no, just mp3 format is supported (16 bit, stereo, 44100 or 48000 Hz) along
with the cdg format
Q: does it support zipped files ?
Q: does it support microphone plugged in the PS3 ?
A: no, to amplify your voice you need an extra hardware (mixer)
Q: the program sucks, can you add more features ?
A: the source code is freely available, do it yourself
Credits and thanks:
- minimp3 (http://keyj.emphy.de/minimp3/)
- PyKaraoke (http://kibosh.org/pykaraoke/)
- psl1ght sdk team
- PS3 homebrew scene
More PlayStation 3 News