Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 Heretic and Hexen Homebrew Ports by Hermes Arrive!

Sponsored Links
    Today Hermes has relased a port of the classic PC games Heretic & Hexen for PS3 JailBreak homebrew users. The included .pkg file is the front end of both the games, but due to copyrights the game files are not included.

Download: PS3 Heretic and Hexen Homebrew Ports

The quote from Hermes post on Spanish Web site Elotrolado (linked above), roughly transleted by me with help from babelfish:

Hello,

In order to celebrate that PSL1GHT already beginning to have a good foundation and with the addition of the PS3 Soundlib that allows it to reproduce up to 16 voices of sound, I have ported two classic games from the PC to PS3 that make use of multiple effects: The games Heretic and Hexen.

In order for them, to work they require wads HERETIC.WAD and HEXEN.WAD respectively (shareware or full retail will work, in capital letters and with that name) that must be copied in the directory of the EBOOT.BIN, within the folder " heretic" and " hexen" respectively, on a USB device. When starting the game, if it has been installed in hard disk (by means of PKG) the option to press CIRCLE to copy the content of the folders " heretic" or " hexen" from device USB to the installation folder of the game.

Also, I have added vibration to the controller: when you receive damage, vibration activates strong, but when it is an enemy who receives the damage you will notice, it in the form of smaller vibration. Perhaps this last one is not very realistic since it is well if we are what we are inflicting the damage short-distance, but long-distance not as much and that to say that the controler vibrates when is currando the tiny beasts among them. Nevertheless I have left, it in so that sometimes it serves to let you know that you have a few fierce ones around and so that it turns out useful to know that truly, your ammunition is doing damage. (everything is not pure and hard realism)

I have verified over HDMI which I test (that excludes 1080P) to deal with to look for the visible area of screen and use a routine that re scales a screen " virtual" to the final format. The problem is that the drawn area of the screen in PS3, is placed outside the visible area of your monitor/screen and that requires adjustments that I have done on the basis of my screen and not if in some other, can give problems or not, or if with some other resolution it requires new adjustments (a thing is that a slight edge is seen the right for example and another one is that directly, things are not seen that would have to appear). One distinguishes between 4:3 and 16:9

The install instructions translated from the included readme.txt

Installation

There are two ways for install:

1) By PKG. On this occasion, copy the folder content "pkg" on the root´s directory of the USB device and "Install Package Files" on the PS3

2) By SELF. On this occasion, copy "homebrew" on the root´s directory of the USB device and load the applications with the "Open Manager" or another homebrew loader.

Heretic requires the file HERETIC.WAD that can be copied to the same folder as the EBOOT.BIN (/dev_hdd0/game/HERETIC01/USRDIR or /dev_usbX/homebrew/Heretic) or on a USB device after making the folder called "heretic" and copying HERETIC.WAD (/dev_usb/heretic/HERETIC.WAD)

The filename MUST be ONLY uppercase letters.

For quick copying of the files, there is an utility when starting the game: on the license’s screen you can press Circle button if you want to copy the content from dev_usb/heretic to the location of the game in the hard disk (/dev_hdd0/game/HERETIC01/USRDIR)

You can use a FTP program for copy HERETIC.WAD too.

For the HEXEN files its similar to the previous method, but this time, its required HEXEN.WAD that must be copied to /dev_usb/hexen (for all the installations) or /dev_usb/homebrew/Hexen (Open Manager) or to /dev_hdd0/game/HEXEN0001/USRDIR (HDD).

And you can copy on the license´s screen the content of /dev_usb/hexen to /dev_hdd0/game/HEXEN0001/USRDIR pressing CIRCLE button

HELP SCREEN / CONTROLS

At any time you can press START button for open the help screen (the game is paused at this time). The help screen show the game controls and pause the game.

With SELECT button you can enter on the Main menu. The another buttons are these:

HERETIC

Left Stick: Moving back and forward on side-scrolling
    Right Stick: Look up /down flip left/right
    L2 button: Run
    R2 button: Shoot
    X button: Change weapon
    CIRCLE button: Open/Close doors
    SQUARE button: Use item selected
    TRIANGLE button: ON / OFF map
    L1/ R1 button: Choose Item
    Left/Right (PAD) -> Decrease / Increase Map
    Up / Down (PAD): Fly (it require an item)
    Hold L2 and press CIRCLE: Stop flying
    SELECT button: Game Main Menu
    START button: Help Screen

HEXEN

Left Stick: Moving back and forward on side-scrolling
    Right Stick: Look up /down flip left/right
    L2 button: Run
    R2 button: Shoot
    X button: Jump
    CIRCLE button: Open/Close doors
    SQUARE button: Use item selected
    TRIANGLE button: ON / OFF map
    L1/ R1 button: Choose Item
    Left/Up/Right/Down (PAD): Change between weapons (1, 2, 3, 4)
    Hold L2 + Left/Right (PAD) -> Decrease / Increase Map
    Hold L2 + Up/down (PAD): Fly (it require an item)
    Hold L2 and press CIRCLE: Stop flying
    SELECT button: Game Main Menu
    START button: Help Screen

CHEATS

The two games allow you to also do the following cheats:

Press START button and on the help screen, press L1 five times until the screen changes color

Hold R1 and press Up (PAD): All Weapons
    Hold R1 and press Right (PAD): God mode on/off
    Hold R1 and press Down (PAD): Full Health
    Hold R1 and press Left (PAD): All keys
    Hold R1 and press Triangle: Brings you all items

More PlayStation 3 News...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Attached Files Attached Files

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    ahh yes classics.. i prefer doom though.

also wtf is hermes doing?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    looks like homebrew I think?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the news and translation barbnjason and +Rep.

Thanx for this !!! It s great that Hermes it's back. Hope that he will help the ps3 scene evolve once again !!!

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    Debugging PSL1GHT would be my thought.

oh boy... mr fame is back. Now hoping he is not going to behave stupid like last time :|

Heretic is so cool on my HD screen. I can count pixels haha

Quote Originally Posted by sk group View Post
    i am agree with you ...

i've heard that hermes payload crashes a lot... I hope he does some code cleanup and improves his payload...

isn't there more important matters lol ^_^

like duke nukem lol

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast