Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    yeh i agree with the overhype of "ZOMG will this lead to an exploit/iso loader" etc
    i just see everything like this as "the dev's getting to know the ps3's architecture" as it is an amazingly complex piece of equipment
    every lil bit of news is always good news, and a step in the right direction, even if it doesnt lead to an exploit, it is just useful information to know for the future

keep up the good work guys!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by PS3 News View Post
    I was referring to the first few posters actually... but not just for this thread, for any "PS3 Dev" thread posted here in general it seems there are some " OMG Where is the Exploit/Loader at?! " replies HEHE
    I know what you mean, from know a little bit of the 360 modding scene I know this wont be done overnight which some people think it will. And in my eyes the 360 hasn't truly been hacked as they have only modified the DVD firmware not the actual console firmware.

Nothing wrong with hope though, the only part I don't care for (personally) is when people/sites overhype news like this to mislead others into thinking this is a breakthrough that will lead directly/immediately to unsigned code, PS3 backups, etc on Retail consoles.
    I bet I can guess which site you are on about

Sadly, it just isn't that simple and the road ahead is both long and untraveled.
    I know and I therefore conclude that patience is not a virtue

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Good work on the continued mapping effort of the hard drive sonyk. In regards to all those who think every piece of news will lead an exploit, I wish we still had the 5 quality post thing for beginners and such =P, it would at least keep some of the unnecessary posts out.

I also one of them who was hyped by the scene but after a few hypes to begining i wanted to know why the ps3 cant be hacked.And than i understood.As long we dont know the signing keys or found a other methode to trick the ps3, e.g. found out that flags will be the reason why console boot retail or dev mode and also found a chip on mb where this flags will be stored and magically to swap / flash them will couse hyprid consoles to activate the dev options, no upcoming news about ps3 hacking will give us the story the most of us want to hear.

hi.. even though i aint no dev.. i just wana share few thoughts here and want u guys to comment on it... just a conversation... :-)

1.)
    that being said, the only way this could be of use/lead to something is if a flaw/forgotten file was found then code may be able to be ran ASSUMING there is a flaw present.
    we all know sony has been updating the firmware frequently.. VERY frequently.. this could only mean they are few steps ahead of us...

only way we can think of bug being helpful to run a game is very far... please dont take me wrong but looking at a 2 year old console uncrackable makes me suggests that...

2.) Why do we need a sony`s firmware ?? in the first place ?

why cant we create or mod one of the sony`s firmware and make it resebmle as the most updated one whenever the game tries to update the firmware... i mean why cant we make a firmware which bypasses the automatic update and the mean time help us play backup from hdd or whtever it is .??

3.) we have got the firmware (didnt we rip the firmware long back ) ?
    we have now the HDD structure...
    we have the way to rebuild the firmware...

all we need is good coders to work on OUR FIRMWARE !!!

i know saying these things is very easy... but i just thought i wold give a n idea...

just reply guys.. let me see how well i have come close

The problem with all of your theory is the PS3 hypervisor making it impossible to run unsigned code, meaning that even if a custom firmware was made we still wouldn't be able to install it due to it being unsigned.

What we need is an exploit to overcome the hypervisor which will then allow us to install unsigned code (ie the custom firmware).

If it had been as simple as you made out it would of been done 2 years ago

Are the files listed actually accessable or did he just manage to dump a list of directories, files but not access them?

If they are accessable is everything being checked for the possible mistake of not being signed?

Good question.. I notice the guy who posted on it (sonyk) is registered here too, but was last online January 10, 2009 so if anyone knows him perhaps they can ask.

Our Dev group isn't working on reconstructing the PS3 HDD, so it's not something we can verify otherwise... all we can do is wait to see if they post any updates on the project.

Im to this time testing it!

But i have some proplems to get a dercrypted file.I do so the tut they posted and first make a backup of my entire hdd with winhex.Than formated to 00 bytes, formated with ps3 and make a dump.Put it back into ps3 copyed the dummy with 20mb on it and connect it back to pc.Now i have made a comparison to the dumped img and 22.000.000 (dont know exactly) differents would be found.Seems to be the dummy.Looked for the offset and noticed it will not be all on one place.

Seems to be splited (?).I searched for the bigesd part what would be filed with 00 bytes on the clean dumped img and now the blocks are crypted.So i placed my file i want to decrypt in it and saved it.Put back in ps3 and the con started without any error message.Seems that no importend file would be over writen

Next step to copy the dummy down to usb stick and as i looked for the decrypted file with winhex the dummy was just still filled with 00 bytes.

Therefore i dono what to decrypt files from the hdd i dont use the map they posted.But i will more to study what they do and try do get some decrypted files what will be not from the hdd.

Quote Originally Posted by BluEvo View Post
    The problem with all of your theory is the PS3 hypervisor making it impossible to run unsigned code, meaning that even if a custom firmware was made we still wouldn't be able to install it due to it being unsigned.

What we need is an exploit to overcome the hypervisor which will then allow us to install unsigned code (ie the custom firmware).

If it had been as simple as you made out it would of been done 2 years ago
    even if we find a exploit.. wouldnt that be fixed in upcomming updates ?

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News