Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links

PS3 HDD Decrypted: How-to Guides Don't Make it Less Fake!

Sponsored Links
    The PS3 HDD getting decrypted is starting to become quite the joke of the week for anyone not blind in both eyes.

At first, it seemed like there was some truth to it and many of us were quite excited, as the files looked legitimate.

The files were infact, real. Unknown to many (including NDT) at the time, they were just from the PS3's flash filesystem that was accessible with a PS3 TEST.

As we dug deeper, we found out that it was all a web of lies, and what little research was done was stolen from knightsolidus by DemonHades.

Uninformed sites are posting a "decryption" How-to Guide that is nothing but a false proof positive. Said method (involving swapping blocks of known encrypted data for unknown), was used by many of our DEVS including NDT and ggparallel months ago with no success.

So far, every file that was released has been taken from a dump of a Debug firmware, and posted (without permission) in attempt to be played off as something from the PS3's hard disk drive. Why bother.. for attention?!

Now, if this was any true decryption there would be information about the crypto algos, the key lengths, among other things present - but are there? Nope! And there won't be, because this method will not lead to those at all.

The "method" is simply being used as a stopgap to try to soothe the clueless masses after those involved were called out on said crypto algos (for being wrong) and the keys being missing.

Rest assured, if the PS3 HDD is ever actually decrypted you will hear about it first right here!

More PlayStation 3 News...

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Thanks for the clarification once again CJPC, it's getting to be old indeed... but at least this should help to keep some of the sheep from following the blind people who don't have a clue what is going on.

Also props to knightsolidus, NDT, ggparallel, and idone as well for their background work and continued efforts on this.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    sure glad i never soiled my self over the initial news on this. Id hate to ruin good pants over junk like this...

I only want to say that Demonhades isn't making a fake... Did you remember who made fakes? Yeah... This guys.

Please, boys, trust Demonhades, he's doing it very well... And it is not a fake... You'll see that I'm not joking...

Bye.

Quote Originally Posted by phn View Post
    I only want to say that Demonhades isn't making a fake... Did you remember who made fakes? Yeah... This guys.

Please, boys, trust Demonhades, he's doing it very well... And it is not a fake... You'll see that I'm not joking...

Bye.
    then why do people have piles of proof that its fake, and none that its real. and the "proof" he has provided is nothing but crap-ola and play on words.

Quote Originally Posted by phn View Post
    phn do you realize ALL of the PS3 Devs who have done work over the last (2) years have confirmed this is a fake days ago?

Sad to say, either you are really thick, brainwashed, or clueless!

I understand your desire (noticing you are also Spanish via ISP *.dynamic.orange.es) to have Spanish developer DemonHades be right, but he simply isn't... nothing has been decrypted.

Banned User
    i dont think that someone should trust other sites except this. i read so much on so many sites and most of these informations are crap.

when i read something important and what is true, i read it most times first here. and then i see copys of the text on other sites.

so if they say it is a fake/not true, i believe it.

but i still hope they get it working to create a custom fw

At the beggining you made a couple of fakes... I'm not saying that you are making fakes at the moment... But the only thing I know about Demonhades is that he is very good doing his work.

I believe that he will demonstrate that this method is real... =D

Bye!

PD: And I'm not defending him because I'm Spanish... I defend him because he was one of the "Demonhades team" wich released the Ps2 Isoloader for Ps3, and he is working hard on this... I talked with him =P

Exclamation

First of all, certainly DON'T post lies on our board... we have NEVER, EVER, made any PS3 "fakes" here.

If you are confusing what other users post that do not turn out to be legitimate that is on them- each submission is the responsibility of the submitter, and we try to label such things like "videos" as "rumor" or "for entertainment purposes" whenever possible. Obviously we can't predict the future- nobody can, so we do the best we can.

Getting to the more important issue, your friend "DemonHades" has STOLEN the work from the true developer knightsolidus- this is disgraceful and we will be speaking to him in depth on this later today hopefully... as now lamer sites like Pirate's are posting it without proper credits and without permission. What is DemonHades claiming to be 'working hard' on exactly... STEALING more?

See here: http://www.ps3news.com/forums/playst...ws-104862.html

what a JOKE
    i'm disgusted with this filth talk
    most ps2d3vs are here...

demonhades disgust me as well, i can't believe that he could steal someones work!. this is terrible, i hope this lame people stop posting crap stuff up.

i read on their site, just stupid comments....thinks he's a top hacker...

ps. why do we never get any dev updates anymore? i miss it so baddd... and where did strontiumdog go to?

Sponsored Links

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News