Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by parkerparker View Post
    i read on their site, just stupid comments....thinks he's a top hacker...
    That is the current concern, DemonHades is peddling knightsolidus (the real Dev's) work as his own for Internet fame, and others @ quax don't seem to find anything wrong with this sadly. I notice even knightsolidus nicely asked there this morning for it to be removed, but yet Pirate seems to just ignore him... very sad indeed.
    Quote Originally Posted by knightsolidus
    Please delete the post howto decryt HDD, post this its very bad for scene, sony can patch the method. thanks!!!

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well... If you insist... Do you remember this?

I think it is a fake... oh!! And now I really think you're fakers...
    Attached Images<br><br> Attached Images

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Are you smoking crack? BRDGen was coded by the UMDGen author.. it's completely legitimate, legal, featured on Engadget, and included in numerous software CDs published by magazines with our permission.

It's based off of Sony's (c) PS3Gen but without any copyrighted code included so 100% legal and free to distribute.

It's clear you are making things up trolling here now, so unless you improve and have some respect for Devs you will be booted in your next post. What are you going to call fake next, CJPC's SAK?

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Quote Originally Posted by phn View Post
    Well... If you insist... Do you remember this?

I think it is a fake... oh!! And now I really think you're fakers...
    LMFAO! I cant believe someone could be this thick

Anyway here's my 2 cents:

I'm not sure what to believe, some sites say this and some say that and therefore conflict

Now I dunno if this is true or not as if Im honest I cba to test out the claimed tutorial. However I do see both sides of the arguments.

If its true, which I think might be as knightsolidus has requested for it to be taken down, then I see why others will want others to know ie so other people can help with the development with the hacking scene but to add to that I don't think there are many people that fit into that category, including me.

On the other hand, there are sites claiming it to be fake such as PS3 News and the HDD being decrypted true or not I can understand the case for it. Why release information out that may harm the scene more than help ie Sony patching possible exploits to ruin our chances of ever having a CFW on our beloved PS3's.

TBH, I prefer PS3 News outlook on this. Infact I would rather this info not have even be brought up because now Sony know what we are trying to do therefore try and patch it in a new update so now when we want to play new games we desperately want to play the sad fact is we can't because we would rather have the lower firmware with possible expliots... GREEEEEAAAAT

NOTE: I haven't been to this site in YEARS so hi lol

im going to say it because i feel like it sorry PS3 News if im stepping over the line...

phn you're a f*cking idiot... seriously.... wow...

Hold it stop the presses. BRDgen is fake.
    lol, that´s hilarious.

As for the HDD, I really think the subject should be kept low profile but the info s out on the web and I think the damage is already done. IF there´s something to patch, then I´m sure sony knows about it already.

I´m all for giving credit to where it´s due and find it shameful somebody stealing somebody else´s work. Now my spanish is not that good but I could have sworn that Demonhades was sorry about losing friends, like Knightsolidus. he admitted that his actions had cost him the trust of those friends

Then a few days later he posts Knightsolidus´work on his forum.
    that´s a funny way of showing your sorry

I agree with you, PS3News.com and ****** want the same thing (to find an exploit) and therefore I don't think it is unreasonable to delete the information on the PS3 HDD Decryption in order to keep the low profile.

However I doubt one of the parties which I mentioned *cough* ****** *cough* will be willing to comply

You are right about Sony already knowing, the last thing Sony wants is a hacked PS3 and it seems to me that they are doing everything to stop that from happening, so that why I wont be updating anytime soon I just hoped the PS3 is hacked before FF XIII otherwise I'll be

There is nothing to patch because its done by modification of encrypted file data and such modification returns meaningless results.

Think about it as inverted plain text attack. You can replace part of the file with for example zeroes and then you can copy this file under GameOS to usb stick. What you get is decrypted unencrypted file, so its still needs bruteforcing to find the key used to decrypt this file.

The keys to encrypt and decrypt files on the HDD are per box unique as keys used to encrypt NAND contents - which provides similar level of security and you should remember that HDD is much more vulnerable to read and write operations than built in NAND flash because it has SATA interface and anybody can easily connect it to PC.

Nevertheless, I hope this is a little step forward in this one side battle.

lol iv gotta agree with jeffj on that one!

and how phn can think that brdgen is fake and that ps3news posts fake stuff is beyond belief??!

its always labeled "rumour" or "for entertainment purposes" if ps3news mods arent 100% convinced/proved its real, as was the case with the hdd decryption - it was clearly named as a rumour!

ps3news is the first, last and only place you need to get your insider info for the ps3 stuff!

anyways, as for keeping any info on how-to's on HDD decryption (*when* something legitimate hits the forums) i think its best kept quiet untill everythings worked out otherwise a firmware update can fix it just as fast as them tut's hit the forums.

We DO appreciate the support posts, up until today the guys here who have been doing the work the last 2 years didn't see as much of it so to all and I am +Rep'ing those who had some kind words to say.

On IRC today NDT said he was going to make a news post that will basically share his views on this situation, which will come as little surprise to most anyway but it needs to be done so things can move on.

Update: He said he will do it tomorrow, as it's very late for where he lives now.

Update 2: NDT's post is here now: http://www.ps3news.com/ps3-hacks-jai...ony-now-knows/

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News