Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Well - the hardware solution itself is nothing new - it was used in the good old times of ZX Spectrum to have dual / multiboot ROM ... As for the rest - I can see quite a lot obstacles so don't hold your breath here

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    i took a review of this, think about it you need two ps3's (one to take apart n steel the flash) or find the same models flash memory and solder and make a switch on ur ps3, each flash can have its own firmware, BIG problem would be that a hdd that has lets say 3.55 cfw on the 3.55 first flash, the second flash 3.6+ will make you update threw that hdd.

BUT as an idea, spoofing the firmware on the hdd a possible compatibility will work., a big thought is since it is a theory, if the ps3 model and key is stored threw the flash/ then that will be the biggest problem since the ps3 key would be on the hdd, and the hdd would not match each flash. many possibilities and many chances of making the ps3 more hacked than the psp

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hooray some more progress! Now just disappear before Sony finds you!

But its great to see some more progress towards the 3.6x firmwares.

Really something to look forward to especially for this upcoming psp remaster thingies.

Question

Is a software hack still going to be available for 3.6 or is it going to require an external hardware device?

The only real use i see in this is just to obtain the 3.61+ keys in order to boot newer games under some cfw ... be it a cfw or a mfw. Joe Shmo won't want to do this solution considering how involved it is. In fact ... since you have to ruin a ps3 (or find a bricked one) to even do this ... why not just keep one on ofw and one on cfw ?

If this aids in getting new fw keys and if all of the offsets are patched during boot-time ... then we might have very completely pwnd the system ... considering someone actually goes through the lv0 flash to get the new keys (every time a new ofw is released).

Either way ... seems much simpler to perform on a fat than a slim. I hope to see a 3.61 flash somewhere in the wild within a few days.

Wow... Does anyone have knowledge of circuits? You CANNOT do a NAND or NOR dump while the console is in operation using hardware. It requires the console be off and unplugged and doing so while on could seriously damage (if not immediately fry) your ps3.

Doing a software flash dump using linux is plausible but the switch from one to the other flash could leave both chips on for a millisecond with both driving a voltage on the output. Result: dead ps3.

You know why modchips take time to research? Because its not as easy as throwing a switch, some flash memory, and a resistor on it and calling it a day. Anyone could have looked up the public datasheets for the flash memory 5 years ago and done this. Wanna know why they didn't? Because its dumb and it won't work.

We know for a fact that there is a hole in that is possible to find by reversing how the spus work. Why can't we just get a couple of talented devs, who know how to reverse focused there instead?

I think its alright to kill a ps3 or two for the sake of the greater good.

good news and good job haha..

Quote Originally Posted by rumblpak View Post
    Doing a software flash dump using linux is plausible but the switch from one to the other flash could leave both chips on for a millisecond with both driving a voltage on the output. Result: dead ps3.

You know why modchips take time to research? Because its not as easy as throwing a switch, some flash memory, and a resistor on it and calling it a day. Anyone could have looked up the public datasheets for the flash memory 5 years ago and done this. Wanna know why they didn't? Because its dumb and it won't work.
    Indeed but surely in the real application you'd use more complex circuit - at leas some additional capacitors or logic flip circuit controlled by pushbutton with LED indication etc. etc. etc.

Also - in regards of various FWs on hard drive - if anyone would go through all the troubles piggybacking the flash they can also have two hardrives and switch those (most probably only while powered off) also by a "switch" ...

if anyone can seriously do something with this i have 3 original 60gig fats i am willing.. only if you can perform the work with me and im in autralia.. pm if you are the man.

Sponsored Links
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News