Sponsored Links

Sponsored Links

Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    Hmm... i believe him... (well... i give him a chance). updated 1 ps3 to 4.0... now wait for his so called release >_<

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    if everyone just stopped hating on math he'd have no circus surrounding him & thus have to do something to keep himself in the limelight, ie release some work to keep his e-fame alive.

Sponsored Links
    Sponsored Links
    don't know I'm not taking the chance and upgrading to 4.00, and then this dude not releasing anything.

Quote Originally Posted by B4rtj4h View Post
    Hmm... i believe him... (well... i give him a chance). updated 1 ps3 to 4.0... now wait for his so called release >_<
    Erm.. from which firmware.. 'cause his exploit (as much i understood) works from 3.55 doing some procedures before upgrade. Maybe you lost at all your opportunity to try this exploit..

Quote Originally Posted by saviour07 View Post
    And I believe that MKV support was added into showtime and NTFS support is available using Deank's MM - correct me if I'm wrong though as I don't use either feature.
    Yes, that was precisely my point. Showtime with MKV and NTFS support is an example of something very useful that would still probably be usable without peek and poke. I guess I worded it such that it could be taken two ways, but my intent was to give an example of at least one way Kakaroto's exploit could be useful.

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomy View Post
    Look M$ and C4EVA. He release, noone go to jail, no DMCA. He is an xbox360 god. Math is our god too. Just, smart enough to think "Pfff, go to a tribunal, and most of them are haters? Lolz, this is my answer".
    MS is a different sort of beast than Sony. Honestly, I'm not sure why they don't go after C4EVA. Maybe they realize it's futile to go that route, or maybe they enjoy the extra console and accessory sales. Maybe they just like showing bigger numbers of users.

I don't think anyone can expect Math to take a risk and release something with the threat of Sony's legal team looming over him. I wouldn't release anything either, especially if he has things of value in life (house, car, etc). Sony seems to enjoy crushing the little guy with little care about the negative PR. The only way I can think of is to accidentally release, which seems to have already happened at least once. And even then he got a lot of hate, so who can blame him?

I don't want to come off as a Math brown noser as I do agree he is arrogant (socially awkward developer? shocking), but I also think he does contribute to the scene in ways that most people don't recognize. Anyone can figure this stuff out with enough time and effort, but it seems most people aren't interested in doing that. Only those who have developed something of significance and released it have any right to comment otherwise, IMO.

Yep. Erm.. i invite you to read page 23..

Forget your MKV or NTFS. Nothing run on his project, if Math doesn't release his NPDRM for sign. So, knowing Math, feel free to forget this project at all

LOL so were are getting our hopes up for nothing? >_>

Quote Originally Posted by tulla2010 View Post
    if everyone just stopped hating on math he'd have no circus surrounding him & thus have to do something to keep himself in the limelight, ie release some work to keep his e-fame alive.
    I agree with this
    Last edited by NTA; 12-08-2011 at 04:28 AM Reason: Automerged Doublepost

Reading some of this thread makes me understand why the admin here consolidates all the cfw news into one thread. Not a single release in 9 months. Math is beginning to sound like those Raelians and their yet to be revealed cloned human baby.

Well at least I got to play Duke Nukem Forever before I died.

Haha , The Duke till die Not what i was expecting but hell, HD and it's him

Quote Originally Posted by Bartholomy View Post
    Yep. Erm.. i invite you to read page 23..

Forget your MKV or NTFS. Nothing run on his project, if Math doesn't release his NPDRM for sign. So, knowing Math, feel free to forget this project at all
    I already read page 23. My rant wasn't directed at you, just the first paragraph about MS. I was adding to your discussion about him.

As for MKV and NTFS, I understand how it works, probably much deeper than most. Do I need to fully explain every detail with each post? My original comment was an example of something that would be very useful without the ability to run backups.

Kakaroto's exploit allows the installation, which is a start. Math has the ability to sign NPDRM, but isn't going to release it which is his choice. Someone else can figure it out for themselves if they want to spend the effort. Honestly, we'd have to see Kakaroto's exploit before it could be decided that we should forget about it.

Sponsored Links
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634 ... LastLast
Advertising - Affiliates - Contact Us - PS3 Downloads - Privacy Statement - Site Rules - Top - © 2014 PlayStation 3 News